Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
i think mid 14 sec to high 14sec car, but doesnt mean the person can drive. just go out and race it

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Plus they can rev to 8k +. I ran one and it got me in the top end, I had to shift much sooner.

·
Registered
709 Posts
They are slower than dog sh*t. You’ll probably waste it.

Don't let the 8xxx RPM redline fool you. They need those revs and a 4.xx:1 ring and pinion to make up for Honda's signature total lack of torque at the flywheel.

If I can run away from one from a roll in my Syclone (I wouldn’t waste the tranny wear to bother boost launching from a dig), a properly running Turbo Dodge lightly modded should have no problem.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I saw a road test on the 2007 civic si coupe and the car is slower than my shelby z on the 0 to 60 not very much but slower if you use the torque and if you don't glow up your tire you have a chance to win but do a mistake you loose they are fast for n/a car but if you trick it on the start line with your torque monster it will be surprise or just borrow a brand new caliber srt 4 at the nearest dodge dealer and reduce him into dust.

·
Registered
401 Posts
i haven't seen one at the local track break into the 14s, most in high 15s. and i've seen several authentic si's run, about 3 or 4.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I just ran one from a stop 3 hours ago (Si sedan), the driver drove very well from what I saw on his 3 point turn etc. Good shifting and revs to the max.

He ended up about 3-4 carlengths back upto ~50mph, only because I drove at about 2/3 throttle and low revs on my 2.2 27psi GTS. :) I honestly thought he was another car in my rear view but he was a bit closer, I was lazy and took it easy on the poor honda.

·
Registered
138 Posts
One of these came to my area and was talking trash about how he'd race anybody. I told him I was up if he didn't mind getting smoked. After talking to a few of the locals he said nevermind since the week before I toasted his friends Honda with a GSR motor. I'm not sure what mods you have but you should have no problem.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i raced one of the mugen additions in town here probably the only one in the state, ya slow with 14psi, k&n and open dp i walked him 3-4 cars easy then fuel cut it and i backed off. it was awesome, the guys seemed to like my car go SCREAMING by :thumb:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dont sleep on these "new breed" of Si's. They can get spanked when they are stock but alot of them near my town already running low 13's and high 12's. I raced 3 stock Si's. On the highway and heads up. I surprised them but later on I raced a white si sedan that had all bolt ons:K-pro,Headers,straight exhaust, CAI,and TSX intake manifold with a larger TB and that thing walked all over me!!!! I never backed my stock PB but I later saw that sedan at island drag running 13.80's. Thats just one example. But as for their torque.......I think my farts have more torque than them!!!!lol

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
This kid in my auto class keeps going on about his brothers new civic.Aparantly he told his brother about my lebaron and shadow and his brother says he will race me anytime just to embarass me lol. When spring rolls around im going to give him a go in the shad lol

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
^ya, if you have ALOT of money to waste on the thing! funny thing is, im pulling 300hp or more out of my van for the same amount it would cost to bolt on exhaust and an intake with a chip! ha ha ha!! stupid fad cars! =) oh ya, and my van has that cool, ever so desired "PSSSSHHHHHH" sound when you let out of it. ;)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts