Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
held in East Hartford, CT, at XX Tuning ....on a Mustang inertia dynomometer.

here's your two Top Dogs for the day!!!
Kelly's R/T uses all-original internals on his 16v engine, with a little methanol spray. It put down a new best of 403 hp, Dave's GLHT 8-valver replied with his own new best of 353 hp.

Kelly was a dyno hog making 9 pulls, tweaking the boost each time to achieve his stated goal of 400+ hp.

Dave's GLHT did the testing in 3rd gear vs Kelly's in 4th gear...please fix your grill Dave that car is too nice.

Dave tried using the logic module to control boost....but the old trusty MBC came out of the trunk afterall.

Dan's beautiful Shelby Z was having problems with an intercooler pipe connection (seen below the facia) but still put down 260+ hp.

If I were better with names I'd recall the owner of this amazing Lebaron convertible, and I dont have the numbers written down but he did very well.

Motley Crew.

Dave Lewis drove his blue '86 GLHT from MA, didnt do any pulls..he is going to be drag racing his mint 1986 GLHS at the end of the month at our 1st Points Series.

The birds loved Kelly's R/T....and he showed us all the advantages of using a meth spray not only on the dyno, but on his hood!

Dan's Z, he plans to be flying at the Points Series as well:

And thanks to El Presidente' Bill Baker for smoothing out the issues with XX Tuning:

......if i got anything wrong on the info sorry and please chime in and correct me.

· Registered
2,728 Posts
nice, whens the next one and where are you guys racing? :) i should be back up and running in a couple weeks so if theres one over the summer, id love to make it

· Registered
2,319 Posts
looks good guys!! sorry i couldn't make it.. but the work rush is slowing down big time now, so atleast with all the money I've saved workin all the time I'll be able to spend some of it and have time to finish my car I haven't touched in quite a long time..
congrats to kelly and Dave too !!

· Registered
757 Posts
looks good guys!! sorry i couldn't make it.. but the work rush is slowing down big time now, so atleast with all the money I've saved workin all the time I'll be able to spend some of it and have time to finish my car I haven't touched in quite a long time..
congrats to kelly and Dave too !!

Thanks!!
You better be at TD/SRT4 day at the Valley....................I might need help pushing the car on the trailer again:D

· Registered
4,660 Posts
I couldn't make it out to this one...but I'll be there at the next one. Looks like I need to do a pull at 22 psi to top 403 (since I only did 370 @ less boost last time :))

Make that 2, I was thinking holding one near Waterbury and also post on the srt forums and the "other site". Time is diffucult to come by so maybe we can shoot for late June or early July, till then I will try to keep my car together for more than a few street pulls.:bash:

· Registered
39 Posts
Make that 2, I was thinking holding one near Waterbury and also post on the srt forums and the "other site". Time is diffucult to come by so maybe we can shoot for late June or early July, till then I will try to keep my car together for more than a few street pulls.:bash:
I know there are a few guys w/ much faster cars than me that have never dynoed their cars :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.