Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lovely, finally have both floors just about finished. Still need to weld the underneath of the car so they have a bit more support but that’ll happen once we pull the engine.

they’re a bit sloppy, but my intention was to not go 100% perfect to the original but I also have the ground effects so it’ll be hard to spot anyways. Just happy to finally have some floors.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Bumper Automotive exterior

Still need to get rid of the seams, and a few other small things too

Wood Organism Gesture Bedrock Formation
Leg Human body Gesture Finger Barefoot

(Pushing on the carpet from beneath)
Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Bumper

Way better than when we started, that’s for sure.
—————
Extra)
When we took out the interior we found a few cool things.
Natural material Animal product Wood Carmine Fashion accessory

some old tape, cool!
Hand Finger World Font Wood

and what looks like an old receipt

lots and lots and lots of cigarettes too.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Looks pretty good !!

Thanks
Randy

·
Premium Member
85 New Yorker 2.2 T1, 89 LeBaron Convertible 2.5 T1
123 Posts
These repairs look very good! Please keep sharing your progress. (-: I'm enjoying posting pictures of my project, and I hardly had a floorboard on the driver's side at all. I thought I was doing some really good, solid repairs, but after seeing yours, I feel like an amateur!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Once you get everything done, spray the frame rails and the rockers with Fluidfilm. I've used it for 30+ years to stop existing and prevent future rust. Use a rustproofing gun with a wand. Do the whole underside of the car and inside the doors. Also pull the front fender liners. You will find tons of leaves and junk stuffed in the bottom of the fenders behind the front wheels. Clean that junk out and use the fluidfilm.

And for heavens sake, DON'T use undercoating. All that stuff does is encourage rust. Paint your new metal with paint then fluidfilm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts