Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, hows everyone doin. I was to this site by SDAC Buckey chapter member Dr. Micheal. I have a one owner 86 Shelby Charger with the 2.2 T1 and 5 speed trans with 43,xxx original miles. Its been sitting since 1999 and should be back on road this year. AS for me, im 22 and live in mansfield. Im a V8 mopar guy at heart, but im getting into the 4 cyl turbos to see what its like to go fast and actaully get great gas milage. Cant wait to get involved in this site and learn as much as i can. Heres a couple pics as a teaser to start to show of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!:thumb:

I love your car man! Would love to see more pics and updates in the future. There aren't many TD's around these days, especially here in Ohio. I have yet to see another daytona on the road for one, let alone a shelby charger.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Ill get more pics up as soon as this crappy ohio quits so can take few. It definanlty would be cool to see more on the road. Although i can say i probably see more than others. My brother has a 86 turbo z, a good friend of mine has a 87 turbo z, and theres another gut in mansfield thats got a pristine 86 shelby charger in black.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
welcome!!
Welcome,

Forget the V8 cars and think 4 cylinders turbo....
welcome! i am over here by lima area, but if you need any thing feel free to ask!

also i am a fan of the charger body style i have 3 right now, an 8 turbo dodge's my self!
Thanks for the welcomes everyone. I dont see myself forgetting v8s cause thats what i was raised on, and have always been around, so its stuck in my blood now. Sounds like u got a nice little collection there turbomini. Sounds like the biggest problem u got is deciding which one to drive.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Welcome to the forum! How about a couple of pic's of your engine bay?

Dennis

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
cool

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Welcome To The Forum:thumb:

just goes to show that you dont need a V8 to go fast LOL

·
*_QUEEN WRENCHER_*
296 Posts
Welcomeee! And thanks for the teaser pics, NOW POST MORE

·
Registered
953 Posts
welcome i,m from the canton / akron way . have daytona right now it in were i work grtting the motor in it and fixing the floor boards.did you go to jays swap meet seem i always have to work.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
welcome i,m from the canton / akron way . have daytona right now it in were i work grtting the motor in it and fixing the floor boards.did you go to jays swap meet seem i always have to work.
Thanks. Sounds like u got a fun project goin on. Should be a nice car when your done. What motor u goin with? I didnt go to the swap meet.

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
welcome! v8s have there place in my heart too, got 2 Challengers at home lol. The 4 bangers are funner though in many ways, I drive the Challengers to impress more so than to beat up on cars.

The GLHS is like a Raptor, can hide in a herd and move around quietly and still lethal enough to take out big prey without warning. The white challenger is like a t rex. LONG before you see it you hear it, shortly before you see it you can feel it shaking the ground. It fears nothing, picks what ever it wants. But that does take the fun out of it though a bit.

IT also eats like a T rex too BTW, A T rex would bight off and swallow 500 lbs of meat at a time without chewing....... Big blocks do about the same to a fuel tank lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
welcome! v8s have there place in my heart too, got 2 Challengers at home lol. The 4 bangers are funner though in many ways, I drive the Challengers to impress more so than to beat up on cars.

The GLHS is like a Raptor, can hide in a herd and move around quietly and still lethal enough to take out big prey without warning. The white challenger is like a t rex. LONG before you see it you hear it, shortly before you see it you can feel it shaking the ground. It fears nothing, picks what ever it wants. But that does take the fun out of it though a bit.

IT also eats like a T rex too BTW, A T rex would bight off and swallow 500 lbs of meat at a time without chewing....... Big blocks do about the same to a fuel tank lol
Thanks for the welcome. Its gotta be nice having two challengers. I just wish i had one. There definantly my favorite car of all time. That is a great way to describe those two cars, and I definantly know what u mean by it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts