Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, after a rough couple of years I've decided to get back to my roots and just bought a 84 Daytona. As you can see from the pics, she is in rough shape. So far all I've done is slapped on a new starter and battery to get her home. Not bad for a $500 car.

I've loved Daytona's since before I was able to drive, back in middle school. Now I have a first gen that needs and will get lots of lovin'. Looking forward to getting to know you guys and working on my new baby. If anyone is near Fayetteville, NC and goes to "Freaky Fridays" at the Motor Sports Park, PM me.

I plan on making this my daily driver and once a month stretching her legs at the track, for some test and tune fun. The guy I bought her from has a set of Mopar cams, and a ECU chip to up the boost to 13 psi for another $200....worth it?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!

I love the black interiors, especially the checkerboard interiors. Nice car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, most of what I was finding was that bright red interior. Seats need redoing, but will keep checkered theme. Mainly working on running good, before looking good. One thing on top of list...COLD A/C :)

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Administrator
10,179 Posts
Car doesnt look too bad. I would try to source that checkerboard material as the original material Chrysler used is no longer around.

Also I would upgrade the wiring to an 85-86 Daytona harness (or other years, if you decide to build it) as the 84 wiring was a 1 year only thing, and a total nightmare for mods.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice on wiring. Is it possible to buy a new wiring loom or am I better off sourcing one from salvage or swap meet?

·
Administrator
10,179 Posts
I would just go to the JY and get a harness from another turbo daytona. There are very small differences between 85-86 wiring, and anything 87+ will be even better, though you may have to do a little splicing/matching wires with your 84 components.

·
*_QUEEN WRENCHER_*
296 Posts
Welcome! And definitely not bad for the price you paid! I like it!

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Welcome To The Forum:thumb:

is that a DC Steering wheel i spot

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your guess is as good as mine. I thought it was a Grant GT with a OEM horn button. Nobody commenting on the ECU chip and cams he offered for an extra $200. Are they worth the cash?

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
I would say yes to the ECU and Cam as long as the ECU has already modified to accept a replacement chip. If not, it's pretty big job for a novice. Better yea have him install the chip for you! Cam up install the cam yourself?

Dennis

·
Administrator
10,179 Posts
The steering wheel was stock on the high end Daytonas, some vans, the cordoba, and I believe the ramcharger. 84 only, they are hard to find. But that is the correct wheel for the car, IMO, they should have kept those wheels for all the daytonas, they really make it look like the sports car it was supposed to be, gives it the aftermarket look while being stock. The 3 spoke stockers on the 85+ cars just dont do daytonas justice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the help guys, the ECU is modded and he will but in chip :) Can have brother help me with cam. Should have on road in a few weeks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome to TD!!! If you need any help I am sure you can find here at TD!! I can't wait to see pics of her after you get her the way you want!!! Maybe a video of her on the raceway!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts