Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Dan I have two Dodge Daytona t1's love the cars one is in great shape the other I'm working on. Right now I am I the process of sealing the engine out because when I bought the car it had a bad rod knock. So I found a new one for it on Craigslist that only had 61000 mile also a 2.5 t1 it was out of a 1989 Daytona cs._

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm having problems finding how to post new threads. The motor I'm putting in my1990 Daytona is a 1989 just wondering if I'm going to need to transfer the stuff over from my 1990 engine they are both 2.5 turbos

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Welcome To Turbododge

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Welcome To The Forum:thumb:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes..... last night I finally dropped in my good 2.5 Turbo in my 90 Daytona there was a few things that needed to be transfer over from the 90 engine to the89 engine the water pump was different as well as the powersteering pump also motor mounts and the fuel rail wire harness....crazy what a 1 year difference can do

·
Premium Member
4,344 Posts
If you're sure the vacuum lines are all on and are right,then you need to check to make sure the wastegate arm is'nt rusted shut. If you can--put a little regulated(no more than15-20 psi)air pressure to the wastegate actuater can and see if the arm moves.If it doesn't then you either need a new actuater or loosen the Wastegate arm by spraying some PB Blaster,Kroil,or WD 40 on it and "work"it to free it up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts