Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hankook Ventus R-S2

I just bought these in a 225/45/15 for my GLHS. They are really good on the street and they are the same height as a 205-50-15.

I am going to run them on the track as practice/rain tires so I don't burn up R compounds. $99.00 per tire. Thought I would pass this along.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
15 X 7 kosei wheels. They are a little too wide for the stock wheels. They do come in 205's though.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to Loudon, NH yesterday for a test session. NHIS is now NHMS BTW.
I ran the Hankooks the first session of the day and they were decent. Grip was pretty good and they did not overheat after about 20 minutes on pretty abrasive pavement.
The tread is designed with large outer edge blocks almost like a slick. I don't think these would ever chunk due to heat.

The was a C6 Z51 Vette there with headers, intake and a tune but on BFG KDW street tires.
I put on my kuhmo 710's so I could comfortably stay ahead of him at 14 psi.

We talked and he was surprised at how fast the car was. Being a good TD ambassador I told him how quick the vette was (which it was) and just needed some track tires. Of course if he shows up with track tires then I'll have to pony up the $$$ for race fuel and crank up the boost. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts