Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a rebuilt head on my Shelby Lancer and the lifters seem awfully noisy. Is there a way to determine which one
is bad? Should I just replace all of them? If so, if there is performance upgrade, or shoud I just use the stock lifters.

Best Regards, PYCSXVNT12

·
Registered
50 Posts
You can get a set of PT lifters as a kit at turbododgeparts.com. They will be an upgrade over what your car came with.

·
Administrator
24,342 Posts
If this is a "new remanufactured" head you should not be experiencing any issues and I assume it has a warranty so you should not have to pay anything out of pocket to correct the issue.

Here are the "Lash Adjuster (Tappet) Noise Diagnostics" from the FSM.

IMG_NEW.jpg

·
Legendary Driver
10,904 Posts
Sorry My bad, with the new format I was looking at the join dates. I don't like this format. It's made for cell phones and looks like people that can't see anymore on a regular monitor.

·
Administrator
24,342 Posts
When you posted and I looked the first thing I saw was also the join date.
I am also still getting used to the new format so you are not alone.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I made a video, I think you can hear the noise fairly well. It seems loudest at idle, I was thinking one of the lifters are slow to pump up with oil?

Raj, many thanks for the Field Service Manual page. I'll check the rocker arms, this is a roller rocker.

Best Regards,
PYCSXVNT12

·
Registered
2 Posts
Make sure the valve train is receiving a good amount of oil. Very possible lack of oil changes has restricted oil flow with sludge. While in there check valve adjustment again following whatever the factory procedure. I have no faith in any of the miracle products, particularly ones with Teflon as the oil filter will filter the magic beads out.
Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts