Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...the goof who had my car before me...decided to fix a sagging dirty old headliner with Tacks....

so I ripped it out. but now I just dont want just a normal headliner there...something cool...like leather or something...Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
9,110 Posts
you can cover it with just about anything you want

pull old headliner first

scuff / sand all the old glue and headliner remnants from the hardboard (cardboard?) then give it a good solid coating of spray adhesive, and apply your gorilla fur or pleather or whatever ..

let it dry 'upside down' real well ; then reinstall !

ooh - how about denim !?

·
Registered
709 Posts
i did the fur in my minivan. bad way to find out you're allergic to dust. i was vacuuming my headliner every day. i do car interior work on the side. i just re-covered my shadow headliner with camo.. check it out..

·
Registered
999 Posts
I recovered the headliner in my SC with light blue suede. I had to split it in the front, right down the middle because suede isn't a very flex-friendly material. It looks pretty good, though.

·
Registered
709 Posts
i went to Joanne's Fabrics. you can find pretty much anything you want. they have the actual headliner material there too with the thin padding. i wasnt too concerned with it, so i just picked what i wanted. there is SO much stuff there. go check it out. well, any big fabric place really.. just remember to buy headliner adhesive. it's different than regular spray adhesive. and def measure your headliner 2 or 3 times so you know exactly how much to get. and i suggest get a little extra so you can cover the visors to match. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
i went to Joanne's Fabrics. you can find pretty much anything you want. they have the actual headliner material there too with the thin padding. i wasnt too concerned with it, so i just picked what i wanted. there is SO much stuff there. go check it out. well, any big fabric place really.. just remember to buy headliner adhesive. it's different than regular spray adhesive. and def measure your headliner 2 or 3 times so you know exactly how much to get. and i suggest get a little extra so you can cover the visors to match. :thumb:
Do you have a web address for it?

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
nevermind, found it.
joannesfabrics.com
search under headliner

·
Registered
709 Posts
i just drove to the store lol idk if you have one near you, but its easier cuz you can spend a while there just looking at stuff. i even found ideas for other things i could make out of some of that stuff there

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yah that website you found was crap..nothing but spam :p

I was thinking of covering the top of my dash but I dont like the feel.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts