Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this at the local Target in So.Cal. But I had to buy the set . I couldn't find it in a single pack.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I found this at the local Target in So.Cal. But I had to buy the set . I couldn't find it in a single pack.
No, the cars in licensed 5-packs aren't available as singles. As a matter of fact, Matchbox doesn't have a PT in their core line this year. I don't usually care for the zany paint schemes on these, particularly cartoon themes. I do like the JL Monopoly PT.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I do like the JL Monopoly PT.
And I'd love to use the PT Monopoly car that came with it when we play Monopoly, but I don't want to open the package...!:D

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
And I'd love to use the PT Monopoly car that came with it when we play Monopoly, but I don't want to open the package...!:D
Go ahead & open it...not like it's going to be worth anything in the future. If you want to preserve the package, squirt a little bit of lighter fluid at the seal and let it soak in a few minutes, then carefully peel the blister off the backing.

·
Registered
197 Posts
No, the cars in licensed 5-packs aren't available as singles. As a matter of fact, Matchbox doesn't have a PT in their core line this year. I don't usually care for the zany paint schemes on these, particularly cartoon themes. I do like the JL Monopoly PT.
That's not totally true. While I have not noticed any of the PT cruisers in single packs, some of the cars from the Ed, Edd, and Eddy, and Jimmy Neutron 5 packs (both coontaining a Cruiser convertible, had some cars from those 5-packs available as singles.

·
Registered
11,393 Posts
Have never seen this one before.But I don't look around for the toys to much any more...I did see a black and silver PY convertible at an airport shop not in any ctns just lose on the rack with some other toy cars..I think the cost of them was 9.99 US. But I have not seen any other ones in a long time..

·
Registered
1,633 Posts

·
Registered
11,393 Posts
Just a wild guess...but a 5-year old falls in the target market for these ;)
OK It's been a long time And my grand kids are girls and don't play with cars ..Thanks
And my Brother-in law has 3 boys don't have any of the match box cars..They like cards.
Well two of them any way one is 7 and one is 5 the one is only a baby yet.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was entering my copy of this matchbox convertible into the inventory and noticed that this is the first PT Cruiser from Matchbox to come from Thailand. All others have come from China.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts