Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just introducing myself... I'm the proud owner of the 41k mile Daytona that was recently sold on BaT. It looks like that car was also for sale here for a little bit.

I had a flash red C/S in high school around 1999 (beat to hell!) and looked for years for a clean one and this was it. 41k original miles, no rust or bodywork, Needs a few things sorted, but it's in amazing condition. It joins my other 1980's cars (Saab 900, Bronco Eddie Bauer, and a Mercedes 560SEC). It has all of the original paperwork with it still. Looking forward to being part of the community.

·
Administrator
24,682 Posts
Welcome To TD!!!

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the Daytona! I remember this on BAT...beautiful car. Good luck with it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all... it's in the shop getting the wiper linkage and A/C (R12) sorted. Usually wrench myself, but figured I'd give the business to a local shop because of COVID. Small businesses and all...

Headliner is a bit droopy which is typical with a 35 year old car. Trip computer doesn't work, but pretty sure they usually busted in the first 20k miles anyway, lol.

Other than that, it's great. Ground effects are scratch free and intact, still has the original exhaust even. Even though I'm a purist, I plan on changing the stereo- the stock Chrysler deck spits tapes out sometimes.

·
Legendary Driver
10,931 Posts
Link to the auction so we can see some more pics? Looks like you have all the lower ground f/x intact as well which is very rare.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Few more pics... you’re right, all ground effects are intact including the low front one. Minimal scratching underneath of the front spoiler. I put the link at the bottom of this post. The pictures actually don’t do it justice from the BaT auction.

·
Legendary Driver
10,931 Posts
Very nice, true time capsule, and the best aero of all the daytona's ever. I'm an aero geek so seeing one that's correct and not screwed up is very cool. I simulated the front lower dam with one from an 80's Chevy S10 on my old 87 ShelbyZ. Makes a huge difference in cooling and downforce as the air doesn't go under the car anymore. The underside of the nose is also completely sealed like your's is so all the air has to go in through the front openings. Even on 105+ days and a 195 Tstat with a big front mount intercooler and a/c hiding in there there isn't any cooling issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all... noticed the temp gauge jumps around a bit. Is that normal with turbo Dodges? I did a 180 degree thermostat and it moves between just under a half to just over a half, almost like there’s an air pocket (there isn’t). Never over heats or anything plus it was 90, humid, and had the AC cranking. Just curious!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts