Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from a Noob from MI.
Not my 1st forced induction (Grand National, Typhoon, S/C Regal GS), nor my most "nerdy". I sold an 89 Volvo 240 DL (wagon) with a 96 LT1-4L60E transplant to free up garage space for this.
I have lurked on the board in the past, I made a 13.6 pass in my buddies GLHS (cars long gone, buddies still around) and nosed around then.
On to my T&C, 50k mile car, unbelievably solid and original, I was searching for 3rd gen F body's when I found it and I thought "I can go quicker-easier with something so unsuspecting".
My first thoughts were TII conversion, or spray, after researching it appears this is a fairly rare car and although it may never be worth a lot of money (not my goal) I am less likely to alter it drastically because we always say we can change it back but it never happens.:D
I have been looking at the alky/nitrous posts, still appealing while allowing the look of original I can increase performance to a somewhat fun level while keeping in mind the soft auto trans and limitations of the TI intake.
My GN was a hotair car and I played with both alky and spray never taking the plunge for a full I/C conversion. Typhoon is factory liquid to air and I did a liquid to air on the S/C 3800 in the Regal.
I would still consider a TII swap if I could find all the parts from one source in like new condition, I think I read it is easier with an 85 if you have a H-body.
Any thoughts/opinions are welcome, must haves are working a/c, cruise, and set the wife and child loose in it driveabilty.
Of course I will do the basics (tuneup, new walbro, replace the cat with an electric dump) I don't have an open checkbook, but I am willing to spend $ to get what I want.
Thanks for listening to the ramblings of an excited new TD owner, let the fun begin!

Attachments

·
*_QUEEN WRENCHER_*
296 Posts
Hey welcome to the TD family! Wonderful to have a new member with unique cars!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm about 145 pages into the Engine forum and making a dent on the Engine Management one as well.

Only 55 degrees and pretty windy today so I went for 20 mile cruise top up, even with only 7 psi (? maybe, boost gauge soon) I did realize how much I enjoy and have missed forced induction.

In addition to the tuneup I need to do some suspension work ( is it possible it's all 27 years old?), and detailing, then as time allows let the mods begin.

I never thought I'd see the day I detail my "fun" car with Pledge!

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Welcome To The Forum:thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts