Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this doesn't work correctly, but this is my first attempt to upload pics.

The Daytona looks absolutely great from a couple feet away. It's not award winning paint and body work, but it will look awesome cruising by or driving through a parking lot.

I'll add some more pics when I get all the lights and panels installed.

Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
looks good to me, why do you consider it only good from a few feet away?

What paint system did you use to paint it? What problems did you have?

Mike

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it does look good up close. The finish is nice and shiny, but it does have areas that need to be wet sanded after the paint cures. What I mean is, if you get up close and start going over it, you can tell that windows and trim were masked off instead of removed...stuff that is noticeable to a person that has an "eye" for bodywork.

Honestly I can't tell you what type of system was used. I had a hand in the bodywork, but the painting was left up to someone else. We didn't really run into any problems.

Don't get me wrong, the paint looks really nice. It's just that the job was never intended to be show quality. Basically, I'm cleaning the car up so I can sell it.

·
RIP
1,363 Posts
Hey Paul,
That looks great. Looks like you saved another one of those rare 92 2.5 Turbo Iroc's. What happened to the white Ninja's? How many of those rare birds do you have now?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Blue Iroc R/T said:
Hey Paul,
That looks great. Looks like you saved another one of those rare 92 2.5 Turbo Iroc's. What happened to the white Ninja's? How many of those rare birds do you have now?

Rare.....
Hummmmmmm..
The only iroc daytonas we sold here new were r/t's or v6's.
How many were made?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the compliment. I've owned this car for over 4 years, and it was about time to address the paint situation.

When I purchased it, one of the ninja's was replaced with a pumper wheel. Still own those three.

I own the blue turbo IROC that you've seen before, and this one. Had to pass on a red one that was for sale last year in WI.

I'll have to wait until I get home to give the breakdown of production figures, but there were around 250 third generation Daytona's with the TI...first year for that body style, and last year for the TI engine.

I'll get back with that info.

Paul

·
Registered
643 Posts
klee said:
Rare.....
Hummmmmmm..
The only iroc daytonas we sold here new were r/t's or v6's.
How many were made?
Not sure how many were made... but I've got one of them identical to it sitting in my driveway

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The bra looks good Bkwales...which decals are on your hood and rear bumper cover..."SHELBY" or "IROC"? They appeared to have been produced both ways.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Paul, the car looks nice, much better than before. Who ended up painting it? I know Josh had it for a while, but that looks like Paul's building in the pictures...

·
Registered
643 Posts
blk86trbo said:
The bra looks good Bkwales...which decals are on your hood and rear bumper cover..."SHELBY" or "IROC"? They appeared to have been produced both ways.

Shelby decaling all of the way around and Iroc on the doors... I'm attaching pics of my other Iroc just for the hell of it too.

Attachments

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IROC production numbers

Wow Dave, you are good! That was Paul's shop, and Josh did the spraying.

Nice red IROC. Is that a V6? I always liked the orange decals with the red paint...very nice!

Not sure how to include this attachment about the production figures. It breaks down IROC production by year, and includes engine, color, and percentage of auto/manual trans cars.

I'm gonna also throw in a few pics of my blue Shelby IROC.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts