Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
, humm, from what i under stand, thouse smaller prongs are way more suspetable to the extreems of nitorus and turbo,,
then the single heavy gauge prong,
, i can just imagine on of thouse prongs falling off into the engine,,
, 8*
not any fact , behind my oppion, just what i kind of rember,
joseph

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PT-Turbo said:
, humm, from what i under stand, thouse smaller prongs are way more suspetable to the extreems of nitorus and turbo,,
then the singel heave gauge prong,
, i can just imagine on of thous prongs falling off into the engine,,
, 8*
not any fact , behind my oppion, just what i kind of what rember,
joseph
Have we been drinking? 8*

Ya, I read that stuff on the other site!

·
Registered
236 Posts
, prehaps,, lol,
:D

·
Registered
430 Posts
YO..da Face..got some V-E-R-Y interesting info on some "cold" plugs from DENZIL..(phonetic)..the stock plug for the PT is ITV 16 they have increasing cold ranges (by one level) in the numbers ITV 20 - 22- 24-& ITV 27

Contact Erin the tech at 1 -310 952-7417

I was not able to reach him this afternoon so anyone that gets the info for Turbo SC or NOS applications please post which are the recommended plugs for high performance/high compression set ups.

Kojak :)

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Kojak said:
YO..da Face..got some V-E-R-Y interesting info on some "cold" plugs from DENZIL..(phonetic)..the stock plug for the PT is ITV 16 they have increasing cold ranges (by one level) in the numbers ITV 20 - 22- 24-& ITV 27

Contact Erin the tech at 1 -310 952-7417

I was not able to reach him this afternoon so anyone that gets the info for Turbo SC or NOS applications please post which are the recommended plugs for high performance/high compression set ups.

Kojak :)
Are you sure? Well, I would be mighty interested in a set one step colder.... Ship me 20 :)

Brad

·
Registered
430 Posts
I just passed the info on to Bob and he said he will check into this a bit more and get back to me (us) , when he has explored this new information.

Could be the answer we were looking for!!

Kojak :D

·
Registered
430 Posts
OK Gang..info from the Tech at Denso is that the ITV 22 is the range to use on the NOS or Turbo applications.

He advises to tell folks that you might have to file down your socket so as to get the plud down into the hole all snugged up.

he says he has had a few enquiries about not being able to snug the plugs down and upon reasearching the problem found this was the fix..

..so there you have it..go for it..I'm gonna get me some!!

Kojak |)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Kojak that makes no sense....regular 5/8" spark plug tool should work correctly and a 3/8" torgue wrench to insure proper spec unless these guys use some different size ?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Why do people do that???..

I have checked and researched this for weeks,.. I find the item..discuss the application with THEIR technician..who has previously addressed the situation..then you say "IT makes no sense!!

Well then I guess just forget this post...or try it and see..whatever!!

Kojak }(

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I think what he means is that having to file down a tool sounds awfully weird. I have to agree with that one too... sounds strange.

Thanks for the reasearch though!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Kojak, I meant no offense to you what so ever ! When I read the post having changed plugs in our 2 cruisers and multiple times with my engine problems I saw no need to file down a socket IMHO . Anyone with common motor sense knows to carefully start plug in head either with short piece of hose or by hand with no ratchet , then torque to factory specs with a good torque wrench especially in an aluminum head ! I did not ,nor do not mean to insult you . I felt that if the tech recommended that there must be something funky about the plug itself ! Please accept my apology if I offended you in any way . From a tech viewpoint great find if helps those with nos/turbo/sc motors. Jeff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts