Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I am hopefully going to be looking at a 2003 Neon SRT-4. It has 134k miles on the engine and body and the guy said it has a rebuilt trans with a stage 2 clutch, new transmission mounts, a 2004 ECU with a diablo trinity tune, limited slip differential from a 2005 srt-4, and its running 19 pounds of boost. He said he would take $4800 for it. Ive been looking for an SRT-4 since June and this is the cheapest and nicest looking ones I've found. Is there anything I should be looking for when I go to check it out? I know about the 3rd gear issues but hopefully that will be good since the transmissions rebuilt with lsd. My main concern is the turbo. Do you think it'll be in good shape after 134k miles? Since its not off the car is there anyway I can check shaft play? I will do a compression test too. I also feel like the engine seems dirty, like theres wires everywhere, but im not sure if all the engines of these cars look like that. Any opinions, advice or just input is appreciated, thanks. I'll post some pictures too.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
The picture is kind of small, but it doesn't seem like there are "wires everywhere". I compared it to some engine bay pictures in a Google image search and it looks about right.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
sounds like a decent price. Check compression as long as it's got 140+ across the board and doesn't knock or smoke, you should be fine. Also drive the car and check to make sure the trans doesn't pop out of gear both up shifting and down shifting. Since it's a northern car, carefully inspect the underside for rusty bolts that might snap off in the future, floor pans, rockers and underside of doors. Also look at the sheet metal under the hood for tell tale signs of a previous front end collision

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just watch out for NY rust on rar 1/4 panels. I have owned my SRT-4 since 08, second owner grew up in Syracuse, NY. The salt is mean out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts