Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just purchased my first Dodge Daytona this morning, but the one thing that has stuck out to me is the obnoxiously long shifter (yuck!). I have been trying to do some research on getting this thing shortened, but I have no idea what transmission is in my car. It's a 92 v6 basic 5 speed, but it seems there are several different ones. I called the local dealers' service department and gave them my VIN to look up, but no dice, the information was not available for the transmission. If someone has a way for me to figure this out, or just knows off hand, it would be great. Thanks.

·
Legendary Driver
10,949 Posts
On the tranny is an arm that controls the front to rear movement of the shifter, move the pivot point where the cable attaches and you have an instant short throw shifter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So after further investigation it seems that all the bushings for the shifter (on the shifter and on the transmission) were gone. So I decided to get some booger bushings and a short shifter from Maddog. I just got it in the mail today, this thing is awesome!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yes it is.
Was in really good shape when I saw it last a few years ago.
Dude that owned it had turn signal issues in the cluster.
Take care of it and it will last a lot longer.
Valve guide seals were starting to leak on it.
Other than that the engine was in great shape.
Guess the waterpump made it sell so cheap.
Enjoy it! :thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great, I put booger bushings on and got a custom short shifter from Maddog. Thing shifts super short and perfect. Maddog even threaded the rod for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts