Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm OlDirtyBurton2... New to the forums and sprung for the premium before seeing it's kind of a ghost town here. Oh well, YOLO.

I just bought an 89 Dodge spirit turbo. I think they only came in turbo I but mine has an intercooler and it looks like it's had a good bit done to it. The engine bay is gorgeous.

Absolutely 0 rust on the car, which is crazy because I live in Western NY. I need to replace the engine wiring harness, hunt down and fix a brake problem, and figure out why the bov is venting boost all the time.

The car hasnt been ran at all in over 2 years but I think I'll be able to get it going pretty soon.

Any members that are around, I'm sure you'll see more of me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
A lot of great information and help. If not for the hot rodders here, my car would probably still be under a tarp, as it was for too long. IMO, the first thing to get would be factory service manuals, that alone will save a lot of headaches.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure the best way to post pics on forums... I'm used to Reddit.

Here's an imgur link: Project Spirit
The wiring harness I got with the car isn't matching up 100%, so I'm going to combine them to get one good working one (hopefully)

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Looks good!!

Hopefully you get the wiring figured out, 1988-89 is no doubt the best system.

Most burnt wiring is a result of mechanic error in modified cars.

We all modify them just errors sometimes occur, I know I've made a few!!

Hopefully Todd, 4 L bodys checks in, he's the smartest TD guy on the planet!!

The fact that he's articulate and courteous is a bonus!!

Thanks
Randy

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
None of it is burnt up, the car sat for 2 years and Chipmunks had a field day in the engine bay.

Dunno why the Daytona harness isn't matching up... There were like three plugs under the dash that just weren't on the Daytona harness.

Going to pull both looms apart, add the wires and connectors I need and rewrap the harness after it's all kosher.

Maybe.

I've never really put this much effort into a car, but I've dreamt of having a turbo 2.2 for the last decade, so I'm going to get it to run no matter what.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Cleveland turbo dodge fan here, good luck with the car, if nothing else you'll learn to run new wires and you can replace the old torn up wiring one wire at a time and make your self a whole new harness! Good Luck, maybe you can make it to SDAC in June, check out the national website for details.
Shelby Dodge Auto Club

1 - 10 of 10 Posts