Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1984 Daytona. AF/S
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m a retired federal firefighter and I now work part time at Amerian airlines so I can fly free.
I’ve raced on many levels from Competition Eliminator to Super Stock. I currently have a Top dragster but have grandkids coming up who want to race and I’m not putting them in a 220 mph beast

I’m going to run Stock eliminator and just hauled home a 1984 Dodge Daytona turbo. Going to build it to run AF/S. I do a lot of extreem engine development and this will be my last drag program. I have so many ideas for this car.

Reactions: Glhs60

· Registered
1984 Daytona. AF/S
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your kind reply. The 84 has some unique qualities. One the shipping weight is 22 pounds lighter forcing it to a AF/S. You can run one category above and one category below. If I put the turbo Z bumper and spoiler on then I would be a natural B car. Thank you for your expertise and wiring I may need some of it. I will be using a Holly EFI and Ecm. As to the turbo I can use any turbo that the inducer is 1.7065. I will be Building a header and picking a turbo if anyone has any ideas. I can use the lighter common block and eight bolt crankshaft. The requirements are the correct casting number cylinder head and intake manifold and throttle body.

Reactions: NAJ

· Registered
1984 Daytona. AF/S
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The DYNO is in WIchita Falls Texas if anyone wanted to toss their motors. It’s going to be set up for one

Reactions: Glhs60

· Registered
1984 Daytona. AF/S
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all the good information. Anyone know of front floor pans.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts