Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 4246 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Just a thought. Though the wheels are kind of horrid, they might actually not look that bad color matched to the body, or something like gunmetal or charcoal grey. It would certainly cut down on the stand out "bling" factor, if nothing else.
sorry no paint just trash!!!! iI HATE I HATE I HATE THESE RIMS!!! LOL!!!:monkey2:

S

·
0 Posts
Sell them to a gangster, you could make about 300 depending on the condition

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
i think the turbo hood really gives the daytona a sporty look. thats why i'm putting one on!

·
Mr. Moderator
8,894 Posts
Lol dont worry.
My dad pulls this daytona out of a car yard for 100 bucks and brings it in.
it has the es package, gfx, turbo bump hood, and an intercooled sticker on it. Black and silver.
I was like AWESOME, a turbo daytona. Hell I will buy it from you right now and double your investment.
Get into the car pop the hood.
DISAPPOINTMENT.
A 3.0 automatic daytona. FML.

·
Mr. Moderator
8,894 Posts

I stole the turbobump hood and put a regular hood on it.
But here is where it sits for now till I figure out what I wanna do with it

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
awww its life.
Anymore progress on the v6 tona?
yeah! yesterday i redid the headliner, painted the back side of the hood,and started the trunk floor.the last owner let water into the trunk, so the carpet and the piece of fiber wood were distroyed. i removed the rear seat (thats a joke!!!) and am building the whole thing flat to the front seats. i have 2 6x9 speakers and a 10in sub to go in there. next the carpet comes up and the rust in the floor gets fixed!

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
todays work pics!!!

time to start block sanding!!! you all know that black is the most unforgiving color on a car!!! if the car is not perfect then it will show every ding,wave,and chip!!!

·
Registered
947 Posts
I hear yeah. Body work on a black car is NOT fun. I had a civic that I repainted completely. I had replaced half the parts of the car and it had dings in every panel...so I threw on the bonda, sanded, more bondo, sanded, etc. Thought I had it decent and let it go to paint. Still looked like crap IMO but everyone who came to look at the car when I went to sell it was like "this car looks awesome". Thought to myself "are you blind?" :puzzled:

S

·
0 Posts
I hear ya, I've had my Daytona for nearly 6-7 months and have only put 150 miles on her because I had to fix so much! Luckily my paint looks somewhat stunning still besides a few dings here and there and some scratches

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I hear ya, I've had my Daytona for nearly 6-7 months and have only put 150 miles on her because I had to fix so much! Luckily my paint looks somewhat stunning still besides a few dings here and there and some scratches
i think i may have scored a parts car! its a 91 3.0 auto car thats been hit in the front. lots of the parts i need are all there and in good shape! we'll see it this weekend!

·
Mr. Moderator
8,894 Posts
DId you redo the headliner? Looks great!
And keep up the body work. That car deserves to be saved.
Looks like she is coming along well. I know about the * I WANT MY CAR NOW* but patience grasshopper as you will be very happy if you take your time and do the car right.
Q

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
DId you redo the headliner? Looks great!
And keep up the body work. That car deserves to be saved.
Looks like she is coming along well. I know about the * I WANT MY CAR NOW* but patience grasshopper as you will be very happy if you take your time and do the car right.
Q
yeah,i do all my own work! motor,trans,body,paint,and yes headliners!! you can get the headliner cloth at JO-ann's fabricks.if they have one where you live. i did the whole thing in about 30 min!

41 - 60 of 4246 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.