Turbo Dodge Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I would have considered it except I already ordered parts for the one I have. Besides, I love messing with this stuff; wouldn't be as much fun if all I had to do is slam a new one in! Seems like a good acquisition for you too.
I'm curious, where are you moving from/to?

·
Registered
282 Posts
From the Illinois side of St. Louis (brought here by the Air Force...now that I'm retired I don't have to stay) to Corpus Christi.

If you've ever been to Illinois, you'll understand why people are leaving by the thousands.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Dang-it Cap, if I lived in East St. Louis, I'd move too, ha ha! Seriously though, I just had a feeling you were close, that's why I asked. I live south of Waterloo in Monroe County. What town are you in or near to? I totally get it as to why you are moving, and I commend you to the highest. I'm very jealous!
I retired from NGA in St. Louis in 2012. Did you work there? Lots of military there.
Let's meet for lunch before you move. It can be any where or any place(even a fast food place). Let me know. Again, congrats!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'm in the process of stripping this throttle body and the first thing jumped out at me: the vacuum tube to the fuel pressure regulator was rotten. In no way was it ever getting a signal. Any repros of that out there?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sorry...was up in WI for a few days and away from the ol' PC. That part is called a HOSE and SEAL KIT, Pressure Regulator, part number 4287324. Looks like Arizona Parts has it for 12 bucks:

·
Registered
282 Posts
BTW, not 100% sure that "L"-shaped hose is anything but a simple vacuum elbow. If so, could probably substitute any properly sized elbow from the parts store - or simply loop a small piece of vac hose into a cursive "J" shape. It's probably 7/32" or 1/4"...

Just noticed your earlier post as well. I live on the north side of Collinsville, near I-55/70 and Hwy 159. One of my former work mates lives in Waterloo, so I've been down there a few times. You have a good Rural King and the Sears Hardware store. You're only 40-45 minutes away. Definitely down for lunch and a meet-and greet one of these days.

I'm a retired intel officer who closed out my active duty career at Scott AFB. I stayed on for four-plus years as an Air Force civilian before resigning in June. I've done a little work with some NGA folks, both at the (old) St. Louis facility as well as with liaisons based at Scott and in Northern Virginia.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yep, you hit the nail on the head. I'll fashion my own vacuum tube. I measured 3/16. 1/8 fits too.
If that Arizona place is the same as the one I bought a fuel pump from, never mind. That guy was a jerk on the phone. I know he has lots of G body parts but I'd have to be pretty hard up.
I was Intel officer too, but under that moniker I was a Geospatial Analyst/photogrammetrist.
My Son was working out of Scott until a few months ago. Yes, meet and greet sounds good. When are you moving to TX? Sounds like we were made from the same mold, lol!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Pretty sure it has to go to the bottom. The clip may slide into the groove on the plug either way, but there's a protrusion on the bottom of the injector which the opening of the clip has to straddle.

The injector plug's male side has small retaining ears on the left and right sides, nothing on top, and that full protrusion on the bottom. Can't see how it would go on upside-down; it wouldn't clear that ridge on the bottom:

Automotive tire Black Camera accessory Tire Auto part

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Yes Cap, you are correct as usual and it only goes on one way. The important thing to note is this: the LASER LIVES! Fired it up an hour ago. Massive exhaust leak and smokes like a bitch, from oil on the exhaust manifold, but all the bugs will be worked out later. It's been in the crypt nearly 2 decades. For now, back to the '67 Dodge Coronet I'm restoring.
Thanks to all for the information, and cool illustrations. Made it easy for me. Great forum!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts