Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im kinda new here. Joined awhile back but just started to return lately. I have a few questions that i had a hard time finding with the search button.

1. How much hp/tq can a stock 2.2/2.5 internals handle?
I've notice alot of people have said 28 pounds on 92. But 28 psi varies alot from turbo to turbo.(ex. gt34r to a TII) get what im saying?
2. How much abuse can the axles take?
3. Automatic Trannys, how much power can you throw at them , before problems accure.

Im comming from an AWD DSM. Wanting to get a turbo mini only becuase I love the idea of sleepers. Im still considering a glh too. This wouldnt be a daily driver strictly a weekend worrior. Maybe a shadow? Not to sure yet still have alot more reserching to do.

thanks

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
axles can take quite a bit of abuse. 28lbs on a well tuned engine tii garret If going bigger turbo then all you have to do get forged pistons, thecommon block, crank and rods are good past 400hp, dare to hit 500hp- maybe.

You can get an auto built to take any amount you can muster. On a good turbo tranny you probably have troubles past 200hp, maybe more if you get better cooling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts