Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put a nitrous cooler setup on their intercooler? Just wondering how safe it is, etc.

·
Registered
36 Posts
nothing unsafe about it... although you'll have better gains (and likely lower intake temps) from a small shot into the engine rather then outside the intercooler...

co2 is another option for the intercooler sprayer systems... co2 is cheaper... but i'd still go for a small shot in the engine :)

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well guys I was just wondering since I picked up a dry kit with a set of 100 jets and a full 10 pound tank for 125 bucks and I already made me an intercooler bar at work with .166 holes in it. Don't really want to spray the engine since I never have before and I still believe in the saying "Bottles are for Babies" lol. Could I have the N20 Bottle refilled with CO2 after it's empty?

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts
Don't forget to keep it away from your air intake if you plan to go with CO2.

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts
I bet you knew that:)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Don't forget to keep it away from your air intake if you plan to go with CO2.
haha my one neighbor routed hoses from his trunk to his intake... he planned on shooting c02 in there.... cuz the c02 would make the intake cold and make it go faster...

me: dude.... you do know they put c02 in fire extinguishers right?

him: ohh thats just to propel the powder

me: dude thats gunna turn your car right off...

him: you dont know what youre talking about

me: ok whatever youre right then

fealt kinda bad for him... spent all that time for a fancy engine off switch hahaha

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What I am eventually gonna do is run a small shot in the engine with a wet kit. THe purpose of buying the dry klit was just for the cooler but since you mentioned the thing about Co2 and the intake, I remembered that my air filter sits directly beside my intercooler. I wonder if I will get any "overspray" into the engine? :) lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts