Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a crank no start on my 85 T1 omni. It has no pulse at the injectors or the coil. Pick-up coil is good. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions cause this thing has been driving me crazy!

·
Administrator
25,737 Posts
Controller controls the ground side of the injectors and ignition.
Any fault codes?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read that to read codes on these you cycle the ignition 3 times and watch the power loss light I got 5 flashes then 5 more flashes but im not sure if I did that right. I saw three grounds on my schematic that pertained to the circuit and they all had continuity. thanks

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
sounds like you did it right 55 is the end of the codes. It just basicly is there to tell you the codes are done and if no codes are set that it checked.

Like NAJ said the computer controls ground. See if you have 12v+ on the coil positive terminal while cranking the engine.
Tim

·
Registered
971 Posts
This same situation came up a few weeks ago with another forum member.....is the distributor turning?..(as in failed timing belt). Since these engines are non interference you can crank and crank until your battery goes dead and there won't be any valve to piston contact. Surprised me, I thought that if the dist. doesn't rotate the controller would set a code, but apparently not so, the dist. has to be rotating to send a pulse back to the controller before the controller will activate both the coil & injector motors circuits. Have a look to see if it is rotating.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The distributer turns. Ive got only about 15mv on the coil but I cant seem to find any broken wires or anything like that. thanks for the help

·
Administrator
25,737 Posts
Which side of the coil are you referring to and how did you test the voltage?

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
The ASD controls the power to the injectors and the coil. With that being an 85 I believe that relay is in the LM but don't quote me on it. The computer will not turn the power on full time untill it sees a HEP signal. If the HEP is not working sometimes it will set a code if you disconnect the battery to reset the computer hook it back up and try to crank it. It should be a code 11. Once the car starts the computer will not set this code.

Many have hot wired the coil to see if it starts. Just hook up a wire from the positive side of the battery to the positive side of the coil and it will also feed the injectors and fuel pump. See if it starts and we can go from there.
Tim

·
Administrator
25,737 Posts
The ASD is internal to the PM.
You can also ground the DB/YL wire in the underhood diagnostic connector with the key on/engine off which will actuate the ASD so you can check for power at the + coil and DG/BK wire at the injector harness. Also, with the DB/YL wire grounded the fuel pump will run.
If all of this checks ok you need to check to be sure you are getting a crank signal from the HEP.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got her running today! It ended up being a broken wire coming off of the pickup coil before the 3 prong connecter which is why I never found it when I tested for opens in the circuit. I put a spare pickup coil in and she fired right up. thanks for all of the help guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts