Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a trunk lid / hatch back from a '93 Shadow ES. It's white and has a good rear window in it with defogger lines. The lid is not rusted at all under the back edge of the rear bottom seam! And the spoiler on it is in good shape also.

So it'll be a good replacement for your rusty one. I priced it cheap just to get it out of here.

$30.00

You come here to the Pittsburgh, PA area and pick it up, though.

·
Registered
221 Posts
why does all the good stuff have to be sooo far away:mad:

if it wasnt 350 miles, 7 hrs each way I would be there with 3x that much for a rust free hatch. local yard wants $125 for rusty ones :(

could you even ship something that heavy/bulky ?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: No rust '93 Shadow Es trunk lid

I'm sure it COULD be shipped, but at what cost? It's fairly heavy, and it's BIG.

I never even really thought about the price on it. I'd be happy with $30 just to get SOMETHING for it, plus I'm sure someone really needs it.

Look at it this way - the cost savings over the purchase of a rusty one locally will kind of make up for the fuel cost.

Driving your Shadow here with no trunk lid on it might be fun too! Just make sure it's not going to rain on that day!

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Photos.

To be 100% accurate, there's about a 2 inch long strip of surface rust in one spot on the bottom side, but it can be wire brushed and treated and painted over. I just want to make sure the facts are known before anyone drives 300 miles for it.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gasoline math:

700 miles in a 20 mpg car = 35 gallons of gas, at $3.60 per gallon = $126 fuel cost, plus the $30 purchase price = $156 total.

Is it worth a total investment of $156?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts