Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17,709 Posts
Well, I'm off today, too, but only because it's President's Day. Even if another ton of snow fell today, my Air Force base would still be open tomorrow.

That's 'cause nothing can stop the U.S. Air Force.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Now comes the fun part. Shoveling out parking spaces, watching out for all the knuckleheads that cant drive in snow!
Hey, you are supposed to be near 50 by Wednesday.
Spring is about 30 days away! ;)

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JOEM said:
Well, I'm off today, too, but only because it's President's Day. Even if another ton of snow fell today, my Air Force base would still be open tomorrow.

That's 'cause nothing can stop the U.S. Air Force.
And what is the RCR reading got to keep the aircraft in the AIR! :)

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Yeah, I was already off today for Presidents Day. I wonder if we'll be closed again tomorrow though? (fingers crossed) I just wish this sleet/freezing rain would stop. I've really had it! x(

·
Registered
90 Posts
Today is a Holiday for me also. I have meetings starting on Tuesday. Now to get the Neon out of it's parking spot and get out of this hotel. |(

The snow has finally stopped falling. Final total out here in Manassas VA is 20-22 inches.

Aloha,

Da Chief

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
We got an inch of ice with 2 inches of snow on top of that. State police say stay off the roads. Idiot boss says "its only a little snow, no problem, come on in". x( Used a vacation day to stay home and watch tv. Can't wait for summer. :)

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I love the irony of being further north than MOST U.S. PTE members, & seeing practically no snow, YET, this year! :D
Hope you're all safe, & enjoy the day off!

·
Registered
236 Posts
No Snow here either. Its in the Mountains where it belongs. Sun is out, some rain, 49 degrees. Oh yes, I have every day off. More time to have fun with the cruiser. Hope everyone back east is safe and warm. ;)

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Yeah, President's Day.......... I really needed some help from a plumber to help pump water out of my basement from all the flooding/ice storm we've had. Of course, no one is answering their phone because it's PRESIDENT'S DAY, dammit. x(

We had over an inch of thick ice on Saturday/Sunday. We watched huge trees break under the strain. On Sunday at 11:00 am, we finally lost all electricity, which included the furnace and sump pumps. In three hours, we had an inch of icy cold water in the basement. Five hours later it was 2 1/2 inches. We were really worried that we were going to lose the furnace altogether. Hand bailing buckets of water did nothing to really stem the tide. Anyone we did manage to contact said that all their generators were already lent out. in desperation, I even went out and tried to improvise some sand bags out of the sand in my son's sandbox, but there wasn't enough.

As day gave into night, half of the town was in an eerie darkness. All night long as we huddled around our kerosene heater, you could see flashes of blue sparks out of the windows and hear the exploding transformers from around the neighborhood. To add insult to injury, it started raining/sleeting again late Sunday evening/Monday morning and later turned to all snow.

The power was finally restored at 12:00 this afternoon; the pumps kicked in and sucked most of the deep water out. We've been working with a shopvac to get the rest of the puddles up. I have never been so thankful for electricity in all my life.

The rivers are all beyond flood stage and by the end of this week, there is more rain/snow predicted for KY. As of now, there are still thousands of people without power and it may take until the end of this week to get everyone back on line according to the utilities people.

Needless to say, we are now shopping for a generator (once they will be back in stock in the local stores) }(

·
Registered
998 Posts
I was going to go to work but couldn't because of the snow....I don't get paid for days off...... x(

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
YLEKYOT said:
Yes, Merrick....I thought of you early this morning. It was so quiet in here. :} ;)

http://ptenthusiasts.org/PTForums/showthread.php?postid=298949#post298949

Glad your power is back on. :D
Oh, that's funny!! I told Patrika yesterday, that if I just disappeared from the chat room without saying goodbye, then that meant I lost power. (I am not sure if I was missed, or if you guys were RELIEVED I wasn't there... :D )

So far, so good. I'm holding my breath until tomorrow's daylight.
Lights have been flickering off and on all evening. There are still thousands of people in the state without power. This is just unbelievable... the ice here on the trees & power lines is just a bad as it was yesterday. The official word is that we got 1 1/4 inches of ice.

Here's what the trees in my yard look like........

1 - 20 of 22 Posts