Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired of having 2 radiator caps!! And its in the way of my custom fuel rail. I know non-rad cap housings are out there but don't know what model/year too look for. Does anyone know where to find one of these?

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is the 16v section, on the 2.0/2.4 the water outlet at the head has a radiator cap on it. Unfortunately, every single model of car/intake style had a different bolt spacing on the water outlet. While the ones without caps exist, getting it to bolt up may be an engineering task.
If you cap the overflow bottle outlet on the one you don't plan to use, you can just use the other one. I'd use the one on the engine, as it tends to be higher in elevation than the one in the radiator, so the air comes out there, better.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Weird I never got an email there were replies to this thread.

uhh wtf are you talking about?
Lol. Most 2.0/2.4 dohc engines have the radiator cap incorporated onto the thermostat housing on the cylinder head. When you build a hybrid you end up with 2 radiator caps.

This is the 16v section, on the 2.0/2.4 the water outlet at the head has a radiator cap on it. Unfortunately, every single model of car/intake style had a different bolt spacing on the water outlet. While the ones without caps exist, getting it to bolt up may be an engineering task.
If you cap the overflow bottle outlet on the one you don't plan to use, you can just use the other one. I'd use the one on the engine, as it tends to be higher in elevation than the one in the radiator, so the air comes out there, better.
I agree having the cap higher up on the intake is better placed, but its in the way of my custom fuel rail. I have messed with my fittings and think I will be OK but still like to have just one and more room for my fuel rail.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
I am running a minivan lower plenum which uses the same thermostat housing style as the old TDs. For other models, I am not sure if there is a housing with out the cap.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'm tired of having 2 radiator caps!! And its in the way of my custom fuel rail. I know non-rad cap housings are out there but don't know what model/year too look for. Does anyone know where to find one of these?
01 caravan. You cant cut it off both intakes and swap it on your existing combo. Tstat mounts 90* to the head.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I cut the t-stat housing off a 8v head and had it welded over the freeze plug hole on the trans side of the head lol. Heater core hose, ETC, and turbo water stays in the same spot that way. It results in a cross flow through the head and block to the water pump. Then i cut the flange off a 2.4 water neck and welded it shut for a block off plate. My Cluster gauge sensor is in my block-off plate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts