Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to spray the intercooler.. some people say just use water, some say NOS, some say CO2. im thinking NOS or CO2 just for the ease of the bottle vs tring to keep a resivior (i dont think i spelled that right) full.

so basically, im just looking for ups and downs of NOS vs. CO2.

my guess is the only diff is that CO2 costs less and i can get it filled at a sporting goods store that fills paintball guns right?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Carbon dioxide is a lot less. Water doesn't work worth a shit, I tried. Nitrous works great, but is quite costly.

Here's what I'd do (/did): Get a nitrous kit. You have the solenoids, bottle, lines, etc. Now get some hard copper pipe (pretty small, break line works great too), and get a flair fitting for one end with a plug, and a flair for the other with an adapter to the solenoid. Bend the copper in multiple U's across the face of the I/C, affix by stringing it with welding wire or saftey wire, and then plumb it up. Works great, the sprayer costs about 3 dollars. Have the bottle filled with co2 and you're good to go. If you decide you want to spray it later, you already have everything, just get another solenoid for nozzle.

In one of the SDAC videos on BM (boostedmopar), there is a momentary video of me hitting the sprayer. I can't link to it becuase the forum owner blocks the links. I would take a pic but I included it with the i/c when I sold it, and I now run W/A....

Most welding places can fill it up with co2 for cheap.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Or, get a"wet" kit and just spray it (nos) into the engine. You get a cooler charge and more power to boot. It works great

·
Registered
239 Posts
Water works great!!

I used a garden sprayer at the track on the MINI, which is top mount and heat soaks like a MFer.

I was able to drop the IC temps 15-25 degrees between runs this way. I also used ice on top of the intercooler, but that wont work well with a front mount.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
the only drawback is CO2 is not flammable so you don't want it getting anywhere next to your air intake when your spraying the intercooler or your going to starve your engine of oxygen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts