Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i was looking at getting an 89 turbo mini. I wen't down today and checked it out. spotless! no rust at all. Engine bay is the cleanest i have ever seen. I started it up and all was good sounded great. I then took it for a test drive and that is when it wen't down hill. I pushed down on the go pedal and it boosted great....to a point. When i built up a bit of boost it made a kind of rattley scraping sound and fell on it's face.After this happend the gas pedel had very lttle resistence but still accelerated. IS this a blown turbo? Help me out if it's not a huge deal im going to grab it as i need a vehicle for the winter and to take my grand parents around, It also put out a code 61 What is a Baro sensor?

Thanks in advance
Brendan

·
Administrator
24,826 Posts
Baro Solenoid is basically an on/off switch and is used by the controller to block vacuum supply to the MAP Sensor during no load/steady throttle conditions so Baromtetric Pressure info can be updated.Baro info is crucial and needed by the controller for its fuel control parameters on Turbo vehicles.
If it is setting a code and/or turning on the check engine light the vehicle is running in a Fixed Program Failure mode and will contribute to your power problem.
The noise could be numerous things, was it coming from the engine such as a severe Spark Knock (Pinging)or exhaust such as a melted Catalytic Converter.
Could you duplicate the noise by power braking?
Was the noise only present right before the vehicle went into failure?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would get on it it would make the noise. It would then loose power and i would let off. I tried power braking at around 3000rpm and it was fine. Im going to get it I offerd the guy $500 because the turbo is blown so we will see. Once I get it I will be needing your help jan lol I apreciate it.

·
Administrator
24,826 Posts
Not a problem,post back when you have the vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts