Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my 1 yr old stock clutch doesn't hold anymore past 4500 rpms in full boost :bang head

My Car dynoed 209 WHP @ 14psi and I have since added alc/h20 injection and running 20psi. I have no doubt I am putting atleast 250WHP down now. What clutch kit is good for a daily driver?? I was thinking the T2/T3 kit from FWD as all the other kits seem to be for race only?? Anyone offer any advice?? I don't want to be doing this ever year :D This is my 85 Turbo Z btw..

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I say the t2/t3 is a good option, no worries about overpowering it at 250hp. If you want to be doubly sure look into a kevlar. The puck clutches are too much for what you want to do and the chattering would get to me if it was a dd.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was kinda ruling out the ceramic figuring it to be overkill.. But then again I do drive the hell out of my car everyday and want something that will take the abuse :) Is it worth upgrading to the dual diaphram as well??

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
We don't recommend going with dual diaphragm pressure plate on the street. The T2/T3 also may not be enough for your vehicle. We would probably suggest a six puck ceramic with our extreme yellow pressure plate for your application.

Chris-TU

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
What exactly is the difference regarding a ddpp?? And why is it no good for street??

It requires double the foot pressure of a stock clutch. This places an enormous amount of stress on the clutch cable and other components. It could be very dangerous if your clutch cable snaps on the street.

Chris-TU

L

·
0 Posts
If you do decide to go with the dual diaphragm plate you can always just lengthen the release lever and you can make it feel like a TIII plate again. You still have to higher risk of snapping a cable though. If you want a badass disc go with the Rev-Lok,its actually very streetable and will hold almost anything thrown at it:thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts