Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Nylon Fuel Line from Summit. Anyone use this before?

451 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  gkcooper 
#1 ·
I haven't had a project that required a complete fuel line replacement before and I'm looking at all of the options.

-I was going to go with stainless but the good stainless is pricey and stainless is harder to work with so I don't want to give myself a headache.
-I was going to use aluminum but I heard it corrodes easily especially when used as fuel line.
-I found some pvf coated steel which doesn't sound too bad and the price is pretty good.
-Then I found the Nylon fuel line. I remember having nylon lines on my Z28. Never had a problem with any of them and when I dismantled the car they were actually sort of hard to break.
I'm thinking of going with the Nylon. Anyone have any reason not to use this stuff?

The omni only has a couple 8ft or so lengths of line between the rubber lines connecting across at the fuel sender and fuel rail. There are no quick connect fittings or anything fancy. Just hose barbs to connect the soft lines to. The lines can be wrapped in wire loom and zip tired and in higher heat areas the loom can be wrapped in foil backed tape. I can't see any cons in using nylon.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.