Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the middle of building a A555/A520 hybrid and was reading posts about LSDs on the street.

Except for the twin patches of rubber, am I even going to notice that it is installed?

What should my expectations be regarding differences between the stock diff and an OBX LSD installed in a car driven daily on the street?

·
Banned
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am of course looking for comments from folks that are actually using the product on a daily driver. I keep reading that either the OBX or Quaife will make the car harder to turn (increased steering effort)....where I live the roads are plenty twisty-turney.

Im just trying to confirm any differences I might notice that will be somewhat objectionable for a daily driver.

Steven

·
Registered
627 Posts
I've got 24K miles on my DD OBX. Didn't notice any differance from the stock diff other than chirpping both tires. But than again, I don't race or beat on the car since it's my only car.

·
Banned
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ButchSuppe: Id think after 24,000 miles you would notice something. Sounds like there is nothing to be very concerned about. Think Im gonna go ahead and do it UNLESS I get some more negative feedback from actual users.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I have one in my Daytona and notice =NO= difficulties in steering or in any kind of parking lot maneuver or hard high speed cornering whatsoever. You absolutely cannot tell the difference during "normal" sane driving.

The ONLY time the steering gets affected is when you do something such as peel out into traffic from a stop with the pavement dry and the tires are REALLY grasping for traction and you are turning. While you're turning and still hard on the throttle, you cannot just let go of the steering wheel to have it just go straight again. You have to force it back to straight again, or just let off the gas. Thats my experience. You'll get more use out of it in daily driving than you would drag racing.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
My only advice, depending on where you buy it from, is to disassemble it and re-tap the bolt holes properly and clean out all the metal burrs. I bought mine off of Ebay back in.... 2006? I took it apart just to settle my curiosity of how it works, and in the process, I found bolts that were tight, but not clamping anything. The threads were very poorly tapped and some machining burrs were still in there. I cleaned it all up and installed it and I've only put probably 12,000 miles on it and have absolutely no regrets. Granted, I am sure the Quaife is the better quality product, but for 1/3 of the cost, this one works pretty darn well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts