Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in my '89 csx the turn signals will light up but they remain on solid so in order to make them flash like a normal signal I have to manually go on, off, on, off...etc. Also the windsheild wipers only come on on the slow or fast setting(with slow being the second highest setting...always wondered why that was called slow...) None of the intermediate settings work, which is annoying becasue in light rain I don't need such rapid wipers so I have to turn them on and off so that they wipe as often as I'd like.

As these functions are both on the same control lever, I am guessing that that is where my issue is, but beyond basic logic I am no good with electrical. Any Ideas?

· Registered
3,679 Posts
Ok first the flashers. The flashers use the bulb load to flash. It could be just a bad flasher but these cars are known for having ground issues with the exterior lights. A corroded ground can add resistance to the load and this would decrease the load the flasher sees and can cause the flasher to stop flashing.

The wipers are you talking about an intermitant wiper system?
Tim

· Administrator
26,464 Posts
Do not want to sound stupid but what body style is a CSX? I can get you wiper info but I need to know what I am looking for. (AG, AJ, AP)

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I'm not sure if this is what your asking, but it is a P-body. It is really just a shadow on steroids.

Where would the ground be that would be affecting the flashers if it is a ground issue?

And I'm not sure what you meant by the intermitant wiper system... The wipers will wipe but only on the two highest speeds. Every other speed just does absolutely nothing... Could that even be the same issue maybe? The steering column had just been redone so I'm thinking it could be a wiring issue under the dash since they both sets of wiring from the control arm must cross under the dash. I just don't know what I'm even looking for...

Thanks for the help. Especially you NAJ you seem to follow me where'er my woes may take me. Haha

· Registered
3,679 Posts
The grounds are at each corner of the car. The front you have a headlight flasher and parking light on each side. Each light socket has a wire for ground mopar tied those together and grounded it to the body. Each side has a ground. then in the rear you have lights on each side too that they tied all the left side together and grounded then the right same thing. I would try a flasher first and if a new one doesn't fix it check the grounds.

For the intermittant wipers I was asking if the car was equipped with intermittant wipers or just regular 2 or 3 speed wipers. The wiper system has a ground issue too but when it acts up nothing works. So I don't think you have that issue. If NAJ posts some diagrams maybe we can look at the circuit.
Tim

· Administrator
26,464 Posts
What charger R/T said was replace the flasher first and if that does not correct the problem check the grounds.
According to Alldata you have 2 flashers, 1 for the T/S and 1 for the hazards. do your 4 ways operate? If so swap the flashers and see if the T/S now operate.
The T/S flasher is taped to the center A/C duct on the drivers side and the hazard flasher is in the relay module.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.