Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an 88 lebaron 2.2 t1 hardtop. Car only has a little over 100,000 and this thing has really been well taken care of. The lady that owned it said that it would not pass emission testing and that she was tired of spending money on it. When you start it cold it idles perfect but just as soon as it warms up a little it starts loping and the idle slows down to about 600 rpm. It did have a head gasket replaced not too long ago and I am wondering if the mechanic got the timming lined up right. It does act just a little sluggish on accelleration as well. I did unplug the map and when the computer went into limp the loping stopped but idle would increase and decrease back and fourth. Anyone had this condition before?????

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
Have you set the idle to base idle??? The instructions are in the turbododge help section under the sticky "help with poor idle." If that doesn't help i would make sure your timing is correct.

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
its the idle control module so it possibly could. Check your wires to AIS, wiggle them a bit and see if you get a difference. But also double check timing. The lack of acceleration, low power and poor idle can also be linked to timing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx, Ill check the timming first thing tommorrow and let you know what happened. This car has had a lot of maintenence done to it and its very possible that one of the mechanics didnt line things up properly. It wouldnt be the first td ive bought with this problem. My first td was a dodge daytona and I thought it was a dog, untill the timming belt broke and I replaced it and it ran like a totally different car. Amazing difference in power!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
my son just got a 87 pacifica it misses at low rpm stalls when stoping & over boost at mid range rpm & starts jerkin the guy we got it from said the wgate was not opening this is my first turbo encounten I'am clueless any help would be great thanks

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
sounds like hep (possible waste gate but most likely a wrongly rpuyed vacuum line) and maybe in need of new wires or plugs. Maybe distributor, cap, or rotor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts