Turbo Dodge Forums banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
You did get the second pm right? Just making sure I don't need to have x number of posts before getting full privledges like some other sites.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just a quick update on my experience with this chip from @laser_doogie..... THIS IS FANTASTIC!

Plugged in the chip... replaced the cluster.... and like magic... my odometer is back! Ran it a few cycles and mileage is reading correctly.

I am so happy I found this thread! I thought I was sunk when it came to my odometer...

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi...I'm the goof with the 85 Laser XT that was complaining about the 6 dashes in my digital odometer display, without really having read through and understanding the issue in this thread. So I'd be interested in considering a replacement chip simliar to Jeff600es. I saw the mileage a few weeks ago, at 108,500 just before it went blank. Is laser_doogie still open to folks who want to have a new chip done, and if so I'd love to be contacted for the specific process/procedure/cost....

Thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just Sent you a PM. If anyone else out there needs one of these modules, please let me know. So far I have two beta testers running with these with no issues reported. :nerd2:

Hi...I'm the goof with the 85 Laser XT that was complaining about the 6 dashes in my digital odometer display, without really having read through and understanding the issue in this thread. So I'd be interested in considering a replacement chip simliar to Jeff600es. I saw the mileage a few weeks ago, at 108,500 just before it went blank. Is laser_doogie still open to folks who want to have a new chip done, and if so I'd love to be contacted for the specific process/procedure/cost....

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I know it’s been a few years, but I’m curious as to the status of this project. I understand that it was in real world beta testing when last active. Is there any true solution to the “- - - - -“? My 84 2.6 New Yorker did the same thing during the summer last year and I’ve been trying to use my knowledge as a former GM dashboard tech to try to narrow it down, but I managed to come across this thread. Is there a flat rate fee I’ve got to pay? Don’t really remember original ODO reading is there any chance to find that somewhere else on the cluster? I know from my service history that the chip has been replaced once before in my car, about 29 years ago, how long do you think these new chips will last?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey, I know it’s been a few years, but I’m curious as to the status of this project. I understand that it was in real world beta testing when last active. Is there any true solution to the “- - - - -“? My 84 2.6 New Yorker did the same thing during the summer last year and I’ve been trying to use my knowledge as a former GM dashboard tech to try to narrow it down, but I managed to come across this thread. Is there a flat rate fee I’ve got to pay? Don’t really remember original ODO reading is there any chance to find that somewhere else on the cluster? I know from my service history that the chip has been replaced once before in my car, about 29 years ago, how long do you think these new chips will last?
Hello, I'm the guy who developed/made these chip replacement and the programmer. So far, I've always been able to read the latest odometer records from the customer's corrupt ROM. I usually "fix" the original ROM and send it back with the new chip as a backup, but the chip should be much more reliable than the reprogrammed original. These new chips should far outlast the car as they are made with a tiny, modern micro controller that emulates the behavior of the original ROM. However, the modern parts are capable of millions of program cycles as opposed to thousands. Also, the replacement only requires the 5V rail for both operation and programming. The -30V rail is not needed as was for the old NMOS devices. I've always suspected that a primary reason for failure on the original ROMs was the -30V rail going out of spec due to the age and automotive environment.

If you're interested in one of these chips, send me a PM. I still have a handful available, but I no longer have the bench powered cluster to test them. However, I've deployed enough of these that I'm confident in just programming and shipping them. :cool:

·
Registered
97 Posts
BUMP, is any of this still alive?
Still alive, but based on the number of inquiries the last few years vs 9 years ago, I'd say a lot of our cars have bitten the dust over the years. :unsure: I've more or less sold off the bulk of my TurboDodge hardware and stopped developing new gadgets for them, but I still have some of the parts needed to build up these replacement modules.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts