Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
odometer (mileage) not counting up on my 91 Spirit R/T. the speedo, tachometer and all other gauges work. I even tried swapping out clusters from another spirit and still same issue. Thanks

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
From what I have read, it is very common for a small gear inside to break. So common, a small gear company sells the one that breaks but claims their's will not break. Take it apart and have a boo.

·
Administrator
24,125 Posts
Absolutely correct.
The speedometer is electric and drives the odometer through gears, it is very common for the gears to break.

Remove the speedometer from the cluster and follow the instructions in the video on Odometer Gears - WELCOME.

The only difference is that on 90 and up the 4 little screws that connect the upper/lower halves of the speedo are under the MPH faceplate.
Just slowly lift/peel each corner up to expose the screws.

·
Administrator
24,125 Posts
If the speedometer works on both clusters but the odometer does not then you probably have two clusters with broken gears, it is/was a very common problem.

·
Administrator
24,125 Posts
If you purchase the gears from Odometer Gears - WELCOME they are guaranteed for life.
When my odometer stopped working again about 4 years ago I contacted them "assuming" the gears broke and they said they have Never had any of their gears break and if this was the case just send them a pic and they would replace them.

As it turns out the gears were fine, the internal plastic around the gears in the speedo itself broke.
I purchased another speedo from a board member and installed my Odometer Gears - WELCOME gears into it when I took it apart to correct the mileage, have had no issues since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts