Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will a early Neon diff interchange with a 413? I know much else is the same but haven't heard anything on the diff. Has anyone found a ODX for a early Dodge 413? Sure would be nice to get.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,508 Posts
All I know is that someone came on here talking about a group buy of these quaiffe-style units with lifetime warranties for $350, but now they say more like $500...That's quite a difference, like 40% price jump..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
still doesn't answer any of my questions though, is a Neon auto diff the same as the 413 diff? Can I buy a Neon auto diff and bolt it into a 413? Are these even for a auto trany neon or are they just for 5 speed neons? I've looked and the details on this elude me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
819 Posts
The Pope said:
still doesn't answer any of my questions though, is a Neon auto diff the same as the 413 diff? Can I buy a Neon auto diff and bolt it into a 413? Are these even for a auto trany neon or are they just for 5 speed neons? I've looked and the details on this elude me.
Have to get a spacer made like carl did for the quaife and do some fab work to the cover for it to work with the auto definately is not a bolt on.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kedavis said:
Have to get a spacer made like carl did for the quaife and do some fab work to the cover for it to work with the auto definately is not a bolt on.
anyone make the spacer?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Nope, not that I'm aware of.

http://www.e-machineshop.com

Or your local machine shop. It just spaces the ring gear so its a striaght through spacer or steel with longer proper grade bolts.

Stefan
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,548 Posts
No the AUTOMATIC 3 SPEED NEON differential is exactly the same, apple for apple as a 413 DIF. In fact.. they are the same trans with a different bellhousing. Alll the same. exactly.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
contraption22 said:
No the AUTOMATIC 3 SPEED NEON differential is exactly the same, apple for apple as a 413 DIF. In fact.. they are the same trans with a different bellhousing. Alll the same. exactly.
I heard the rest was before. But do you know what I found on the net a couple years ago I can't find today? A trans brake for 3 speed Neon :bang head found it and didn't fave it. Anyone know where to find it? I want the best posi that won't break, would be nice if they made one. What does Cox run in his Hot Rod Neon?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,548 Posts
Performance Automatic sells (or used to sell) a transbrake for a neon tranny. Cox used to run a welded diff in his Neon, I'm not sure if the NHRA has caught up with him on that, as it is against the rules.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
703 Posts
What is the bearing number for the larger neon bearing that goes on the OBX Lsd. The id of the bearing should be 1.4961. The od of the cup should be 2.891 inches. I may be wrong on that but I think it is right. I cannot find a bearing in that fits those dimensions. I have a Timken cup with the number np714580 I don't know if that is correct but it came off the differential in my A413 with the bigger neon bearing. Any help appreciated. Pat
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
neon bearings are larger OD, the ID is the same between early and late.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top