Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 504 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I would make this thread... it seems We as Chrysler Laser Owners are kind of Forgotten and not to many threads or picutres of Chrsyler Lasers are Here so post up The Pictures of your Chrysler Laser (not the plymouth laser) So lets see what you got :) I will post up pictures of mine when I get them out of the camera:cool:

·
Mr. Moderator
8,904 Posts

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Re: Chrysler Laser thread!! POST PICS!!!

whats left from starting with a 84 Laser TI 5spd Base model 4 yrs ago for
100$ running and driving

almost immediately after buying it

not really laser anymore, says Turbo Z C/S everywhere except for the Vin

·
Mr. Moderator
8,904 Posts

hey I bought mine for 100 with a rod knock this summer, haven't done anythng except A new motor. Why do people give these awesome cars away so cheap?

·
Registered
9,290 Posts

mine had no title and hadnt run in about 10 years, gas, keys and a battery i was rolling

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

seems like not 2 many ppl like the laser?

·
Mr. Moderator
8,904 Posts

Its pretty much a daytona! Ppl like the daytona dont c y they wouldn't like the laser. More for those who like them I guess.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts

turbokid if you ever want to sell your laser LMK. i want IT!!!!!! running or not.

·
Registered
264 Posts

there's an 84 at the pick n pull here thats barely been pilfered. maybe I'll take some pics next time out. hahaha

·
Mr. Moderator
8,904 Posts

I love this car. Got big plans for her. I have a guy that hooks me up these cars cheap. If I come across another laser ill let u know. Bought a turbo baron convert in cherry and this car from the guy for less than 250

·
Registered
5,784 Posts

OK, here's mine. '84 Laser XE Turbo. Has MINT red checkerboard interior(save for the one tear on the passenger's seat...dunno what to do about it), power EVERYTHING, digital EVERYTHING. It needs an engine rebuild right now. :(
Tag reads: 84 TURBO :thumb:

·
Registered
9,290 Posts

ah yes the infamous 84 Checkerboard interior which is a hell to find anywhere

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

OK, here's mine. '84 Laser XE Turbo. Has MINT red checkerboard interior(save for the one tear on the passenger's seat...dunno what to do about it), power EVERYTHING, digital EVERYTHING. It needs an engine rebuild right now. :(
Tag reads: 84 TURBO :thumb:

what % tint is on your car??? and what is the checkerboard inside?? have any inside pictures?

·
Mr. Moderator
8,904 Posts

damn... i have a checkerboard interior... but its long gone and ruined =(

·
Registered
5,784 Posts

The tint on the car actually looks good in that picture for whatever reason. In reality it needs to be replaced as it has turned purple and is searating from the glass. That will be done when the car goes back on the road. I *think* it's 20% BTW.

The checkerboard interior is exactly aas it sounds. The fabric resembles a checkerboard with lighter and darker squares. It was available in '84 only in red, black, and tan.

The fabric is like gold. Nobody has it that I've found. I'm currently looking for a good rear seat from a junk car to steal the fabric from to replace the panel on the passenger's seat....

·
Mr. Moderator
8,904 Posts

ya..... i have a parts car with that interior but its been out there SOOO long i doubt any of its any good.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

any pictures of your Laser???
Well, actually mine is a Daytona. It has silver and black checkerboard seats and door panels. The Florida sun and 179k miles haven't been good to the checkerboard!! No, I don't have any pictures right now. I am VERY slowly restoring this car (electrical issues--darn mice!) and the paint is shot. A friend gave me some solid black seats from a Daytona he was parting out (thanks Rick) so if I ever get her running again those will be in the car. Hopefully, I can get her on the road soon.

1 - 20 of 504 Posts