Turbo Dodge Forums banner

461 - 480 of 504 Posts

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I've seen 2 of these in my time. 1 was in Edmonton Alberta Canada, Rumour was it belonged to a Chrysler Employee ( Silver and blue striping ), The other one was in Sarasota Florida USA a little old lady was driving it ( Red and silver striping like the pics above )
The silver one sounds a lot like the one you posted pics of in your last post in this thread. The other one sounds lie the one that used to be in Jacksonville that has been crushed. She did drive it, and so did her son and daughter from what she told me.

The 1985 Laser XE Turbo Convertable ( pictures of the real car )
View attachment 44921

View attachment 44922

View attachment 44923

View attachment 44924
I own the original copies of these pictures! I've gotten in brief contact with the lady who used to own it that had it posted on CarDomain. I've tried to get more background, but have come up empty handed. The pictures you see were taken on North Main St. in Jacksonville circa about 1987 (right as the Dakota came out) at Main Street Dodge. The car was brand new still sitting on the car lot. The lot and the dealer still exist, but the dealer is now in a different location.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
The silver one sounds a lot like the one you posted pics of in your last post in this thread. The other one sounds lie the one that used to be in Jacksonville that has been crushed. She did drive it, and so did her son and daughter from what she told me.

I own the original copies of these pictures! I've gotten in brief contact with the lady who used to own it that had it posted on CarDomain. I've tried to get more background, but have come up empty handed. The pictures you see were taken on North Main St. in Jacksonville circa about 1987 (right as the Dakota came out) at Main Street Dodge. The car was brand new still sitting on the car lot. The lot and the dealer still exist, but the dealer is now in a different location.
If you had pics why didn't you post them ? I searched and searched of these to show people that they did exist and that they are out there and not just some magazine ad pics although they're very good but that's all done in studio's I wanted to show that they're on the street here and now.They should be saved as many as possible due to the low numbers and uniqueness amongst others. That one in was Jacksonville? I saw it or one like it in Sarasota a few years back it was in good shape running and all hard to think that it's the same one thats gone, If it is the same one What A Shame!

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
The pictures are in storage at the moment and I don't have a good scanner to be able to get them in the computer. :(

I agree that if it was the same car that it is a total shame! I've been trying to keep track of that car since I saw it in person in 1999 when it was for sale for $3500. I just couldn't swing it at the time.

I've been trying for YEARS to convince people they are real as well. I've also been trying to hunt them down, but it seems either they are all gone, or they are all just sitting in garages and barns waiting to be found one day...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm aware this may be an older topic, but I assume this is a lasting thread. after driving my 92 Lebaron, (hated it) I don't think that convertible looks to hot. but I'm a hatchback man myself. I'll keep you updated, but I will hopefuly be the owner of a laser in the coming weeks! I love these cars! I'm pretty sure it doesn't have the digital dash though. anyone have one? or know what the going rate would be? thanks, I'll keep you updated.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I plan on it. I thought there's no way I'm finding one anytime soon. I actually not only found a laser, I found a cool Daytona, and converted my brother to from ricer to Mopar. all in a days work. an 86 laser and a 88 Daytona sitting next to each other? I guess my neighbors Chevelle has some new competition. well, we'll see, but I hope.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
anybody have a rough estimate of how many laser xts are left on the road?
The Laser XT's are getting far and few to be seen on the roads these day's.
The 1985's are by far the most valuable as it was the first model year .
The T-Top option in 1985 was also the rarest as most were made with a sunroof or were hard-tops.The most familiar colour was Flash Red and in 2nd place was Black with Radiant Silver being the rarest colour for the 1985 model year.

For the 1986 model year again Flash red was prodominate in colour's but Black,Gunmetal Blue and the addition of White were also the colour's for the XT's.

461 - 480 of 504 Posts