Turbo Dodge Forums banner

481 - 500 of 504 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is the Chrysler Laser XE '86 Model that we owned about 14 years ago here in England, UK. I am unsure of when it was imported and it had had some quite poor paint on the front end. It had the full Tan Leather, with Digital Dash. Last I heard it was owned by someone in the Liverpool Area. If the current owner is interested in selling it, we could be interested in buying it back, it is still registered as on the road with the DVLA licencing.

DCP_0134.JPG

DCP_0135.JPG

DCP_0136.JPG

DCP_0137.JPG

DCP_0131.JPG

DCP_0133.JPG

·
Registered
180 Posts
Awesome Laser thread. Can't believe anyone event knows what they are! haha I still have my original 85, she's running strong! A little worn though...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Identifying a real xt

going to look at a 86 Laser xt, hopefully. I see in the dark pics it has regular analog gauges not digital as my current xt. Thought they all had digi for xe,xt.
Any way or tips on numbers to look at for sure??? cant see xt in pics just listed in ad, Thanks Allan

·
Registered
491 Posts
If it's an 85 1/2 Laser XT it will have the digital dash. 86 Laser XT has the analog gauges. The digital dash was standard all Laser XEs 84-86.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've heard a rumor that Chrysler is bringing back the Laser & Daytona. They look like a futuristic version of the Gen 1, and they have the digital dash AND a new voice system that works kind of like that "siri" cell phone, but with the original Laser voice!! is that rumor true?

·
Administrator
4,008 Posts
I've heard a rumor that Chrysler is bringing back the Laser & Daytona. They look like a futuristic version of the Gen 1, and they have the digital dash AND a new voice system that works kind of like that "siri" cell phone, but with the original Laser voice!! is that rumor true?
Well that would blow my mind, and if it was good I might then be broke... Unfortunately it would likely be on a fiat platform if such a thing brewed today.. EDIT http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/barracuda.html allpar reports a mid-size rear wheel drive is expected to be released in the future, but no name has been given yet, rumoured to be avenger, barracude or dart

·
Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 89 Spirit ES, 96 Jeep XJ
5,935 Posts
They would need to slot between the Dart and the Challenger, as the article Yellonoma linked would suggest. Imagine a fast back coupe, RWD platform with 2.4 turbo or 3.6 V6, around the same dimensions as the Mustang but with the same styling cues as the Dart and new Charger. That could be Daytona worthy if done right. The only real problem would be the internal competition. Even though it would be smaller than the Challenger, it would directly rob sales away from that line. Whatever they build will probably need to be capable of being 4 doors and the performance will be dialed back. I like the idea in theory, but I doubt the business side of things will give us exactly what we'd like as enthusiasts (not as main-stream car buyers).

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Sorry if this has been covered somewhere in the 33 pages of posts but what specific items are different between a Daytona and a Laser? To be more exact an 86 Daytona vs 86 Laser? I've never owned a G body and don't have much desire for one but I picked up an 86 Laser and will probably just part it out.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
Sorry if this has been covered somewhere in the 33 pages of posts but what specific items are different between a Daytona and a Laser? To be more exact an 86 Daytona vs 86 Laser? I've never owned a G body and don't have much desire for one but I picked up an 86 Laser and will probably just part it out.
Some minor trim pieces mostly. The Laser generally had more standard options than the Daytona. The Laser had a 1-piece traditional spoiler whereas most Daytonas had the 3-piece wrap-around spoiler. The tail lenses were slightly different. There were some wheels options that were different. Everything from an '86 Laser will work on a '86 Daytona though.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
38 Posts
This is my 1986 Chrysler Laser XT turbo that was stolen in 2010. It had Mark Cross Leather interior and the only one I have ever seen with a strip on the rear spoiler. Maybe put on after bought? I don't know.

I bought it with a blown head gasket. Heads were sent off and I went back to the garage a week later to see what was taking so long and my car and all of the other cars on the property were gone. Was a sad day.

It didn't have the manual, but an auto.

I wonder how many were made like that.

Anyone know what the production numbers would have been for an '86 XT like this one? Black MC leather int???

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
They stole ALL of the cars from the repair shop? Or the repair shop owners stole them all? That's terrible either way.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It was my car, an early 90's Vette, a 2002 VW Beetle, and a 70's Nova. The shop owner went absent for a while.. I went there to check out the situation and there was nobody around. So, I set up something with my buddy who had a tow truck to go retrieve my car a few days later. When we went there all the cars were gone. The guy who owned the property got rid of all the cars. I reported my car as stolen immediately when I found it to be gone. The guy who was running the shop at the time now works at the auto sales place owned by the property owner. My grandfather mentioned to him about my car several months ago and he just shrugged and said that car is long gone that I should just give up on it. Not really sure if I can even do anything about it this late after the original incident. I still have the title for the car too.

This is off-topic, so I believe I won't post much more about it, but I have searched all over the internet for a website where people can post their lost or stolen vehicles (bc police investigations are so slack) and vehicles they once owned and would like to see or own again, but have come across nothing. I wonder how many people would be active on a site like that if I started one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got this 84 laser turbo with 127,000 miles for great deal hauled to my house. Runs and drives well. All original car as far as I can tell. previous owner said it randomly stalls after warmed up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think I saw that car FS someplace. It looked like a great buy!
Yea its been posted a few times on here by the previous 2 owners. It has a stalling after warmup problem none of the previous owners could figure out. This car was a real junkyard save. I think it was almost junked a few times cause of the issue.
I am currently unemployed so I have plenty of time to sort it out.

481 - 500 of 504 Posts