Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have a 1984 DC Rampage I'm fixing up. I bought it out of Arizona a couple of years ago...so there is no rust! Got it back from a complete repaint a short time ago. Working on the wheels and interior now...looking forward putting it in some shows in the Midwest...I've uploaded a before and after picture of my DC Rampage. I've got many pics posted here: PictureTrail - Gallery

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
When I bought the DC Rampage from Arizona it had the side ground effects on it, which are factory originals, the air dam and fender extensions were missing. Fortunately, I had an almost new air dam from an '85 SC that was given to me by a friend who had it replaced by the dealer due to a paint blemish back in 1985. The black Rampage in the before picture is an '82 I also got from Arizona, so no rust. It has a modified '89 TII engine and a beefed auto trans.
Nice 'Page Chuckster:thumb: Looks like you had to go on a hunting trip for the G/Fs. What the deal on the Black one in the before pic? I missed out on a rust free Black GT Scamp I found during the Pate Show one year when they still held it on the Pate property West of Ft. Worth. The guy used for hauling hay for 2 horses and refused to sell. AAARRRGGGHHHH:bang head. The only factory Black Trucklet I've ever seen Live and in person:cool:...BTW, The G/Fs make your 'Page IMO:thumb::thumb: Jer

·
Registered
162 Posts
^ Gotta love a turbo truck.

Not a pretty site, but interesting anyways... a friend came across this and it was too good of a deal to pass on. Sadly, it's rusted pretty well through and will be getting parted out. Pretty sure it was a factory A/C, manual truck. According to the title and odometer, 77k miles. We had to dismantle the shed to get it out because they had built the building around it.

These things looks amazing in black and red. :thumb:

How soon will your friend start parting it out, and will he sell some of the parts? I would be interested in the rubber roof side rail weatherstrip (seals the door windows to the roof/body) for both sides.

Thanks,
ChucksterGLHT

·
Registered
162 Posts
once again gentlemen, the dc rampages, are the rear ground effect skirts the same as a Shelby charger? the intermediate ones are quite a bit longer than a charger because of the increased wheel base, but are they all plastic on the rear? I have seen chargers that had quite a bit of distortion in the rear skirts, this to me looked like they were urethane. or are the plastic skirts on my d/c replacements.

the roof top wing, the main body is a one piece extruded aluminum, very nice and high quality. the end caps however, are these pieces urethane or some form of compressed granular plastic? or worse? mine appear to have some sort of decomposition going on. their internal structure visible through a crack looks like clumping kitty litter! similar material to the aerodynamic stands for the spoiler.

lastly on the wing issue, does anybody know where I can track down the rubber filler strip for the mounting trough? mine has shrunk a little and I would prefer it to be replaced.
David Salamone now makes fiberglass reproductions of the DC Rampage rear ground effects: 1984 DC Rampage repro rear ground effects
The pictures of the original ground effects on his site, both on and off the truck, are from my DC Rampage. I loaned David my ground effects to have the molds made for the reproductions. As they are fiberglass, they won't distort like the originals, which were made from the same plastic as the nose and side ground effects (I do believe). What he's asking for the reproductions are very reasonable, as the originals are very hard to find.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wildwest,
Congrats on the new to you Rampage, and welcome to the wonderful world of MOPAR! I see from your pics it also has the sliding rear window glass...very cool!
I have 2 Rampages myself, an '82 Sport with an'89 TII engine, and an'84 Direct Connection Rampage. The Rampage is a great little truck.
Enjoy,
Chuck

·
Registered
162 Posts
No, I don't think it is a stock bumper at all. I enlarged the picture to take a closer look and there isn't a channel in the bumper for the nerf strip to sit into, and on factory bumpers the nerf strip is more centered (up & down) on the bumper. Anyway, I think the bumper looks great!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey all, new guy John again...

Can you add the Shelby Charger lower airdam to the 84 nose, or do you have to have an 82 or 83 nose? Also, are the side skirts available somewhere? I thought maybe you can use the Shelby Charger's, but they must be short since the Rampage's wheelbase is longer. Thanks!
You can probably piece together side skirts from 2 sets from Shelby Chargers, but the factory rear skirts are almost like being made from unobtanium today...Positive Impressions makes the rear ground effects "skirts" out of fiberglass, and they are awesome...my originals were used to create the molds for the reproductions. You can find them here:

New Products

Good luck with your trucklet!

·
Registered
162 Posts
There in Ft Worth? They've done tons of construction around there and are still at it. You wouldn't know which way is where now!

Hey, anyone know where to get the clips for the black metal trim that goes outside below the back window? A fellow member sold me the trim piece but I'm needing those clips...
Thanks for any info!
I bought some rear window moulding clips from Altha Fastener back in 2012 for my '84 DC Rampage, the part number is: cp554582, and they are called "82-on Chrysler back panel moulding clip" they were $1.28 each then. I did a quick look on their site, but I couldn't find them, but at least you have a P/N to search...hope this helps.

Chuck

·
Registered
162 Posts
The guy selling the door is too expensive. Looking through his listed Rampage parts he wants $35.00 + $12.55 for shipping for the used clutch cable, which is less than $20.00 NEW at Rock Auto.
The door hinges are welded on, don't think it's an easy part swap when changing L-Body doors. I once tried swapping the passenger front door on my '86 GLHT, with a door from another '86 GLHT, the hinges were not in the same location!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts