Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Registered
440 Posts
Then their are those amongst us that don't have the 'Puter smartz to post pix, and too old to change:bang head How you doin' Ron? Looks like you servived Sandy and the winter:thumb: I'm still messin' with under hood wiring on the Lil' Scamp:bang head:bang head Batwagon has been in Reading, Pa. for 7 months now. Hoping to fly in and praying get it back for Carlisle. Got your reservations yet? Hi-ho every body, I'm Jer

· Registered
440 Posts
Way special hood ornament yeah got there Una:thumb:. I'd keep the transmission in park tho'. We should talk about your routing of the exhaust. How happy are you with that just below your left ear? I did it on my '61 Long Roof T&C sans 440+cross rams and I'm not sure I would do in again. The original AM, +AM,FM,CD,CASSETTE in the glove box + a satellite radio in the ash tray and all three are completly worthless when I'm runnin':bang head Great tunes when I'm sittin' but I'd need a whole bank of batterys to make sure I could crank it to again:brows:

· Registered
440 Posts
I hooked up with a fellow and his Wife that are your neighbors just over in Kitchener a few years back and bought a wing for my Scamp from them. Talk about measuring twice and cutting once. I can't tell you how many times I measured before drilling those 4 holes in my perfectly good roof:eek:mg: We met at Carlisle when I spotted their DC 'Page with a matching trailer. I handed his wife my Visa and told her to keep him in the swap area for at least 30 minutes 'cuz he didn't need that wing as bad as I did:D Needless to say after we all stopped laughing we had a good talk and turned out his trailer was constructed from anorher DC 'Page that had suffered badly from the tin worm. Give me a couple days to shake the bush and see if they're still pumpin' air. I think he had another spoiler from a 3rd part-out. Stand by, Jer

· Registered
440 Posts
Don't know that I've ever seen covers for the '84 'Page Jetmugg. 2 headlites Yes but the quads, I dono? I know you need all the help you can get on the salt Man, but you might be better of just fabbing something out of Lexon. 'Bout everybody does that for the trip you're gonna take:cool: We want a report upon your return BTW...WITH PIX PAHLEEZ:First TD:

· Registered
440 Posts
Thanks Normace but completely unnecessary. Pass in on, Pay it forward, is what makes the hobby work. I kinda hate making a call to your country tho' 'cuz my Sprint server wants 'bout ah buck ah minute for that honor. I could almost drive across the Ambassador Bridge and back for that:rolleyes:. Hang in there and we'll see if I have tah do it. I know I'll talk to both of 'um for 30-45 minutes if I do call and if I drive I know the wine will flow and I'll have to stay the nite. :brows:

· Registered
440 Posts
Nice 'Page Chuckster:thumb: Looks like you had to go on a hunting trip for the G/Fs. What the deal on the Black one in the before pic? I missed out on a rust free Black GT Scamp I found during the Pate Show one year when they still held it on the Pate property West of Ft. Worth. The guy used for hauling hay for 2 horses and refused to sell. AAARRRGGGHHHH:bang head. The only factory Black Trucklet I've ever seen Live and in person:cool:...BTW, The G/Fs make your 'Page IMO:thumb::thumb: Jer

· Registered
440 Posts
I MTed my in box Normace but no need to P.M. Me and You Are Welcome. You'll probably hook up with them at Moparfest in New Hamburg in August. I've yet to make that one because if you're in the fair grounds you can't get out of the heat. No A/C around anywhere except in your car! I'll see he and his wife in July at Carlisle. His Red DC 'Page and the cute little matching trailer are fantastic:thumb::thumb::thumb: Glad I could at least point you in the right direction:D I looked for the wing for 3 years before I bumped into dave and his wife by accident at Carlisle a couple years ago:cool: Jer

· Registered
440 Posts
AAARRRGGGHHHH:bang head. Just so everybody knows. The Scamp was completely gutted down to a bare cab, doors, and bed 2 years ago for a total re-do including a metalic color change. Both fenders, T-gate and the nose have been hanging on the wall since last October when the re-paint was completed and I won't bore you guyz with all the mods that have been added and installed into the little beast in those 2 years.THAT IS UNTIL YESTERDAY WHEN I WENT OUT THERE TO INSTALL THE HEATER-A/C PLENUM AND SAW BOTH FENDERS ON THE CONCRETE FLOOR:bang head:bang head:bang headAAARRRGGGHHHH. I am so tempted to just send this thing to China and curl up with a case of good brandy 'til I can't see straight. This one ain't on the Murphy's Law List, whimper whimper. Jer

· Registered
440 Posts
It's just paint 83? Lemme see here now. There are no paint shops on my side of the planet that will mix any color smaller then a pint soooo, One pint of '89 Dodge Amethyst=$140.00. Another pint of '91 Chrysler Black Cherry, another $140.00. + two pints of reducer and luckily reducer is cheap compared to paint! Stir 'til in comes alive. 16 psi at the gun, 70* day last October I THINK, who knows what the humidity was that day? Chance of matching the rest of the car? MAYBE 20%:rolleyes::mad: AW H***, JUST DA THE WHOLE CAR WITH 240 GRIT AND START OVER:drinking: The last set of wheels I did took 22 yearz, I AIN'T GOT THE KINDA TIME LEFT ON THIS SIDE OF THE SOD:rolleyes: Got myself laughing anyway, Thanks guyz...BTW Normace, I gotta fix the Little Beast. No Body would give me what I've invested in the thing and my wife accuses me of squicking when I walk I'm such ah tight wad:p Jer

· Registered
440 Posts
Naw '83, not a two-one but a 50%X50% blend. Sorry I didn't make myself clear on that one. Comes out being the Badist Metalic Plum Crazy you ever saw. I callz it Midnite Plum:thumb: Come on up anyway Man, the St. Pauli iz in da coolah:drinking: Jer

· Registered
440 Posts
Had me goin' huh for ah minute Normace 'til re-read your post. 1st time thru' I'm thinkin' 100MPH:eek:....HUMMM, haaay wait just ah darn minute here. Whated he do , drive it off ah cliff?:rolleyes: Speedo only goes to 85MPH! Maybe he put a digital dash in there, with them dashes I hear you don't run out of digits 'til yeah get up into Salt Flat Territory around 255MPH:brows: Not tryin' tah keep you poor but I'd replace the two rubber lines also as long as you have to break the sysrem open anyway Pal. Cheap insurance on a 30 year old ride:thumb: I bought a '70 300 Hurst in '85 and didn't get it home before I locked up the left caliper and it was the hose not the caliper! Had the same thing happen on a '68 Backaroodah too in '99! Later, Jer

· Registered
440 Posts
AAARRRGGGHHHH, MY EYEZ, MY EYEZ:eek: Just kidding Jetmugg. And I do like it but the peeperz did water just ah tad:D Betcha you're gonna be the brightest set of wheels on the salt:cool: We should talk some about the fun you had R&Ring the doors and playing with the roll pins like Upper pin up or down? Lower pin up or down? How many cuts to get the old ones out without screwing up the door inner skins kinda talk? And #2, What did you use for the gas door when you got rid of the bloody key lock? I got so Gawd awful crabby making two trips around the little beast for the ignition key every time I needed to fill up that I finally found a(I think) '96 Minivan gas door in the bone yard that was the same diameter but a PITA to cut and fab the hinge to get it to fit rite! Any, It sure iz green Man:thumb: Jer

· Registered
440 Posts
Thanks for the pix on the hinges Steve:thumb: I would have thought you'd just replace with common roll pins like Mother used? I couldn't see the lock in your 1st set of pix so I falsely assumed you'd done something like I did. And Yeah Greg I know any key'll work including a screwdriver but them thingz iz hard on the upholstry when I try to hide 'um in my back pocket Pal, and most other metal I have in my levi's iz round and won't fit the hole:brows: Did I mention that I'm also old and very lazy:rolleyes:

· Registered
440 Posts
YO Norm. The spread of the front bracket is the same. Mother hasn't changed it in years. Pull one of your chairs from the 'Page and flip it upside down. Now look at the rear mounts and how one sits higher then the other. That's the issue with bolting other seats in, You have to match that difference in elevation to make it work. The only other issue is a possible width difference from the door to the console that won't let you close the door. I sacrificed both L-body chairs to get those rear brackets so my 2004 sirius power leather chairs would fit:thumb:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts