Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 96 Jeep XJ, '13 300C
5,968 Posts
"Checking" the timing belt or even resetting it only takes 15 minutes. Replacing it is a different story. You do have to remove the ac, alternator, and bracket. None of the bolts should be going into a coolant passage though. Are you sure you didn't remove one of the water pump bolts by mistake? The AC bracket should just have 5 bolts holding it to the block and head. I can do a belt on my (admittedly later-model) '90 in about 2 hours, and that's stopping to clean parts as I go.

· Registered
5,968 Posts
^ Gotta love a turbo truck.

Not a pretty site, but interesting anyways... a friend came across this and it was too good of a deal to pass on. Sadly, it's rusted pretty well through and will be getting parted out. Pretty sure it was a factory A/C, manual truck. According to the title and odometer, 77k miles. We had to dismantle the shed to get it out because they had built the building around it.

These things looks amazing in black and red. :thumb:

· Registered
5,968 Posts
Not sure. I'll probably be posting all the parts for him when it happens, and it'll be in a new thread so we don't clutter this one. There's a possibility that the entire truck may end up at Carlisle for sale as a whole unit. Watch the for sale forum until then.

· Registered
5,968 Posts
Very nice score indeed. Sometimes you get really lucky and pick up a car for cheap because the PO didn't know what the heck they were doing. Good luck with that sweet little pickup!

· Registered
5,968 Posts
Wes, I think your gauge cluster is for a later L body, like an 88 or 89 Omni/Horizon. Here is a picture of the 90 cluster back. If you notice, the contour of the board, the light locations, and the space for the tach and speedo match up with yours. I can't find an image for the SMEC era L body boards, but I strongly suspect that's what you have.

*Note: Image grabbed off this forum

· Registered
5,968 Posts
There have been a couple of people that have swapped 87-89 Daytona/LeBaron digital clusters into L bodies. You have to do some custom mounting, but those clusters just get the same basic inputs as the analog cluster. If you find one, get the pigtails with it and enough extra wire so you can splice it into your harness. The wiring schematics are all online (and in this forum).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts