Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Rampage 2.2 Automatic
12 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I have the high back buckets, console, lower stripe, AC, automatic trans, and radio. Has nice topper painted same color.

This 84 is a one owner with 83k verified miles, 4 new tires, NO rust (had it up on rack to check), originally Kansas page, trade in at a Dodge dealer in nw Colorado. Advertised on Google!

Was in Columbia City last summer visiting wife's relatives, should have looked you up!

·
Registered
12 Posts
15 Minutes to check timing prior to timing belt replacement---What are you guys smoking???

Took 4 hours to remove belts and plastic covers!!

Now how do you remove/replace timing belt that runs thru the AC mounting bracket??

Nothing said about this, Does AC and Alternator have to come off along with the aluminum bracket for them?

How about draining the coolant before removing the bracket as I loosened one of the bracket bolts and coolant began to run out!

The other bracket mount is a stud, how is this going to allow bracket to come off engine to allow belt to be removed/installed?

Even the ‘84 shop manual does not show a stud/nut and only 2 short bolts.

1984 Rampage--After 4 total days I am ready to snug up the old belt and reassemble then get rid of it!!------One owner, 84k verified no rust miles!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the reply, one of the 4 bolts holding the AC/ALT bracket goes right into the water passage just above the 3 top bolts for the water pump,the other bolt is a stud with a nut.
While waiting on a revelation on how to get the timing belt off, I needed to change the leaking water pump, broke 2 of the 9 bolts were so tight I needed a breaker bar to get them out. Drilled and re-tapped them, that is how I finally figured out complete front disassembly of accessories and mounting bracket, verified the afore mentioned bolt that goes into the water passage!

After re-assembly back to trying to get more than 10 mpg from the new Weber carb---76 miles--1/2 tank of gas!! (I live at 9800 ft elevation).

·
Registered
12 Posts
It appears that with the previous posts that I may be eligible to post on the For Sale part of the Forum. Now together busy for the description for a 1984 Rampage, low mileage and 95% original!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts