Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Just discovered this thread/site. Here's my 1983 Scamp GT that's been in the family since... well, 83. Gets a lot of looks, but since it's my band vehicle and daily commuter, any offers to buy have been politely declined. Somehow found the bed cap from a non-working rampage an hour away, which was the clincher towards buying the car.

Here's a few pics.
The last one is how we roll to shows: two people up front, one in the back with two 4x12s, one head, one combo, one whole drumset with 2 floor toms, ATA pedalboard etc.... she is a beast at hauling absurd amounts of musical equipment and people.

If only my parking brake weren't so loose that I could drift out of a parking lot...

Attachments

· Registered
79 Posts
Just to the right of your carb/air filter assembly there is usually a little vacuum plug sticking out in front of the brake booster by the firewall. Mine had problems similar to this, carb cleaner and new vacuum cap was the issue. even my mechanic missed it.

· Registered
79 Posts
Well, I took in a trade with mine, was told it ran until the carb swap, and now put in a new battery, only to find this thing has issues. It doesn't look like the ignition switch is even functioning, it just spins around, key doesn't fit in., Have been trying to locate the starter to bypass it, what an odd arrangement, can't find it yet, so am starting here.

Posting some photo's of it as well., Not sure if I'm going to scrap it or try to get it working again, but at least would like to see if it will turn over. I've never heard of a rampage until this thing showed up, it's an 84 for the record.

Hey - I just realized this is the car I found at a scrap yard in Oregon that saved my car. My 83 Scamp GT had a dash fire and needed a lot of interior parts. I've got your windshield, center console, a seat, weather stripping, whatever I could get really... the dashboard from this got rewired to fit a non-A/C '83 red Rampage that is apparently still rolling around out there. Thought you might like to know it's still living on in part, with me, and another rampage.

Looks like you wired up some crazy pushbutton horn situation?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts