Turbo Dodge Forums banner
221 - 240 of 605 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
In reference to the picture 3 posts up (the picture of the line with the black stuff in it), I had that same problem with that same line also when I removed it from my intake. It was also stopped up inside the intake where that line screws in. Anyone know what that stuff is? Don't know if I was supposed to do this or not, but I unclogged both holes with a plain screwdriver and a drill bit. Car still run ok (less carb issues) even with the line stopped up.

· Premium Member
2,514 Posts
In reference to the picture 3 posts up (the picture of the line with the black stuff in it), I had that same problem with that same line also when I removed it from my intake. It was also stopped up inside the intake where that line screws in. Anyone know what that stuff is? Don't know if I was supposed to do this or not, but I unclogged both holes with a plain screwdriver and a drill bit. Car still run ok (less carb issues) even with the line stopped up.
It's carbon build up from the EGR valve. It will work for a while, then it will plug up again...

That's why I just removed it from my Scamp. Of course, I live in an area with no annual inspection, so I can get away with it...:thumb:

· Registered
20 Posts
It's carbon build up from the EGR valve. It will work for a while, then it will plug up again...

That's why I just removed it from my Scamp. Of course, I live in an area with no annual inspection, so I can get away with it...:thumb:
Oh ok. I just painted my exhaust manifold and I painted the EGR valve aluminum. Guess I should've took it off. Don't really know what it does but it looks nice now. Don't have inspections in Alabama either which is a good thing :). BTW, I like your Scamp. I checked out your thread when you were working on it. Great job!!! I've got a Rampage 2.2 hood scoop and both fender vents. Mine's not an original 2.2, but I'm going to put them on there anyway till I can get a Shelby Charger front end and side effects. Maybe I should start a thread on building mine, but I get too excited during the build to take pictures lol. I did take pictures of it yesterday with my wife's new camera. But I don't know how to post pics on here yet.

· Registered
19 Posts
I had a few problems a few times getting the pics to the website too but our internets is so slow I think that was my main problem. I did 83scamp's idea and just removed mine to remove another possible problem in the future. To add to my list of frustrations with mine I figured I would replace the fuel pump which is an awful job and when I manually hand pumped it and put my finger over intake side it slowly had air leak through other side, I put new one on and when starting it I had gas shoot up through carb, engine lately has been revving way too high on start and dies once as idols down then runs ok after restart and as it idles down runs rough. If I shut it down again and restart it will run perfect for about 1-2 min. then misfires again out of exhaust ( light to medium puffing ) like the sound of a bad valve and if I keep it running it seems to overheat a little then on shutdown it sounds like timing is off again..haven't done the cam thing yet...but wondering now if doing timing right too..I wait for idle down, use #1 plug wire, plug ecu vac line and time to 12* with groove in flywheel that shows up at tdc?

· Registered
341 Posts
Finished this rare 1984 DC Rampage this Summer.

Features include a ...... 2.2 turbo II motor

Rod shifted A555 w/ Heim Joints

1989 Caravan turbo engine bay harness

1985 Shelby Charger turbo motor mounts

1985 Shelby Charger turbo stock exhaust

1988-89 Daytona 2.2 turbo II SMEC

GLHS Radiator Intercooler

Stock Rampage front & rear springs for hauling stuff.

87 Shelby Lancer wheels with 205/60VR15 tires

GLHS Radiator fan

1989 Daytona vacume harness,solenoids,relays

1989 Caravan starter,water pump,120 amp alt.
( Dome light does not flicker anymore )

1987 GLHS dash cluster plugged into the 84 rampage
dash wiring harness with the correct wires added.

1989 Omni TBI gas tank and hangar with walbro pump.

Reinforced front core support with more metal added
for increased power on the front end.

Shelby Charger turbo front hubs with all new parts.

1988 CSX rear disc brakes with some custom made
lines, along with a shelby Daytona master cyl.

Pigtails modified.......

Wiper motor,back-up light,neutral safety,oil pressure
sending units, bulkhead caravan 50 pin to l-body 40 pin,
headlight plugs & front turn signal length.Map / Bar
sensor was re-located to passenger fender

Two wires were added for for the charge temp sensor,that
Caravan harness did not have.

The caravan harness length is much longer,with extra
accessories. Lots of wires were taken out to save on
bulk..... while others were made longer or shorter for
the Rampage engine bay. We picked up a extra engine
bay harness just for the extra wire and connectors.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Sedan

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Sedan

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Auto part Vehicle brake Brake Wheel

Attachments

· Registered
2 Posts
Well, I took in a trade with mine, was told it ran until the carb swap, and now put in a new battery, only to find this thing has issues. It doesn't look like the ignition switch is even functioning, it just spins around, key doesn't fit in., Have been trying to locate the starter to bypass it, what an odd arrangement, can't find it yet, so am starting here.

Posting some photo's of it as well., Not sure if I'm going to scrap it or try to get it working again, but at least would like to see if it will turn over. I've never heard of a rampage until this thing showed up, it's an 84 for the record.

· Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Well, I took in a trade with mine, was told it ran until the carb swap, and now put in a new battery, only to find this thing has issues. It doesn't look like the ignition switch is even functioning, it just spins around, key doesn't fit in., Have been trying to locate the starter to bypass it, what an odd arrangement, can't find it yet, so am starting here.

Posting some photo's of it as well., Not sure if I'm going to scrap it or try to get it working again, but at least would like to see if it will turn over. I've never heard of a rampage until this thing showed up, it's an 84 for the record.

Man, don't scrap it! There aren't that many left. It needs some body work, but it doesn't look all rotted out. How are the floorpans? That's what usually goes on these little truck.

Also, the starter is on the back side of the engine, under the intake & exhaust manifolds...

· Registered
2 Posts
I was afraid someone was going to say this, had others do the same.... Looks like I'm stuck with this project for a while then, or at least selling it to a party that's going to restore it. I just don't have a ton of time on my hands to dig into it for now and hate having something that's just sitting around collecting dust like this.

· Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I was afraid someone was going to say this, had others do the same.... Looks like I'm stuck with this project for a while then, or at least selling it to a party that's going to restore it. I just don't have a ton of time on my hands to dig into it for now and hate having something that's just sitting around collecting dust like this.
Welcome to the world of TD's!!! Seems like there is alway a project hanging out there somewhere...:nodding:

These little trucks are a blast, and they are actually starting to get some attention at shows because there aren't a lot left. I finished the ground-up resto on my Scamp last spring, and had a blast last summer going to shows and answering questions about it...:thumb:

· Registered
440 Posts
Whoa. Regular Scamp and not ah G.T. and only 54K on it, cool. Where did jah find that Gem? What do yeah think guyz? Should we invite him to the party or just elect him President of the "YOU SUCK CLUB" right away?:rolleyes: Keep that one warm 'n toasty and never let it out in the white crap. It'd be wise to keep that Beautful Trucklet rite where it's at 'til it's green outside the door again AND THEN SHOW US WAY MORE PIX. 'Til then, sit ah spell and enjoy your ride here:thumb::thumb::thumb:, Jer

· Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Just picked my scamp last week it Has 54000 miles all original paint it's got a few bumps and bruises but in great shape for its age
Wow! Too cool. It's even the right color...:thumb: That's where my Scamp started out. I hope you realize, that is a 1 of 226 truck!

Keep it, enjoy it, and realize what a rare truck you have.

Welcome to the group!!!!:D

· Premium Member
2,514 Posts
1 of 226? I knew that. Now tell our new friend how many Plum Crazy Scamps they're are with roof spoilers and no door handles:thumb:, lol ... 'Mornin' Greg, Are yeah stayin' warm Pal?
Hey Jer. Trying to stay warm. It wasn't too bad yesterday, about 40. Even pulled the Scamp out of the garage and let it rumble in the drive for a while to keep the fluids flowing!:thumb: Dang that 2.2 grumble sounds good...

Can't wait for the weather to get good so I can take it out and thump on it a little...:TD2:

221 - 240 of 605 Posts