Turbo Dodge Forums banner

321 - 340 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just bought a 82 Rampage. Needs some work but was running well when parked a few years ago. No rust but need to drain the gas lines and clean the tank. Need some basic instruction how to do this.
Also trying to remove door panels. Removed arm rest screws but can't figure out how to remove the upper part of the door pull. Any ideas.
Thanks, excited to get this baby running. Paid $350. Interior mint but needs a paint job.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Ah couple things Danial. When you say it hasn't run in a few years, HOW MANY? You may not have to drain it but just dilute it with a fresh tank full. It's a real PITA to drop the tank,so lets try blowing out the fuel line first. Make a trip to any Auto Parts Store and pick up ah couple cans of Brake Clean and a fuel filter. Look close at the filter that hooked up and how. There are "THREE" nipples at the filter AND just inside the passenger strut tower that come forward from the fuel cell. You want to disconnect both rubber ends of just the big line at the strut tower NOT the filter. Then attach the little plastic tube that came with your brake clean to the squirt nozzle on the can and give it a few squirts. wait a few minutes and then do it again, wait and then again, and wait and then again. FYI, Brake Clean will devolve the shellac and then evaporate quickly. After you're done blowing out that line, then change the filter. As for the plastic inner door handle. Pull it open and jam a screw driver blade behind the spring loaded lever to hold it open and then remove the Phillips head screw holding the handle to the lever. BTW, That 3"X12" plastic piece that's part of the door panel will slide to the rear just less then an inch and will separate from the door panel. The round Bezel around mirror adjusting knob can be removed by crossing two small flat blade screw drivers in the bezel notches and twisting counter clock wise. Now go forth and slay the Dragon And keep us all posted, Jer

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
There is a small phillips head screw that goes in from the bottom when the upper part of the pull attaches to the door. It's a little tough to see, and you need a fairly long screwdriver to access (or a really short one). Then it should come off. Look for the crecent shaped cutout in the bottom on the chrome trim ring, and you will see where the screw is.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie. I just picked up a 1984 Rampage that someone spent a lot of money restoring. I haven't gotten it yet, still arranging shipping. It's funny, my first new car was actually a 1984 Shelby Charger (wish I still had it) but sold long ago to buy an Iroc-Z.

I'm looking forward to getting it soon. It looks like it had an interesting history; it started out life as a GTE Bell company car in Erie, PA.

The seller told me it's missing the owner's manual. Anyone have a 1984 Rampage owners manual they want to part with? There's nothing on eBay for 84.

Have a great day all - and it's good to be here!

john

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie. I just picked up a 1984 Rampage that someone spent a lot of money restoring. I haven't gotten it yet, still arranging shipping. It's funny, my first new car was actually a 1984 Shelby Charger (wish I still had it) but sold long ago to buy an Iroc-Z.

I'm looking forward to getting it soon. It looks like it had an interesting history; it started out life as a GTE Bell company car in Erie, PA.

The seller told me it's missing the owner's manual. Anyone have a 1984 Rampage owners manual they want to part with? There's nothing on eBay for 84.

Have a great day all - and it's good to be here!

john

That's the one that's been for sale on ebay forever. I guess the seller finally came down to a reasonable price? None of my business what you paid for it. I just know when I first saw the listing, they wanted stupid money for it. I know they dropped the price at least twice while I was watching it.

Glad to see it went to an enthusiast on this forum. Post some pictures when you get it.

BTW, welcome to the L-body truck club!!!!:wink2:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I don't mind saying what I paid for it. I paid $5250, but only because of what it came with. Full docs from the previous owner on the resto, old car-faxes, 5 or 6 tail lights, 2 front fenders, fascia, tailgate, misc small parts, center wheel caps, new tires (I have no idea what's under the hubcaps), a bunch of other docs and reasonable shipping with no broker fees.

It's a stripper base model. It most likely was a radio delete and 13" wheel car (just a guess), although I am still trying to decode the data plate. Here's a pic of the data plate, if anyone knows some of these, pleaes let me know. I do know the following:

MWF - Cargo Box Side rails
CUC - Center console/storage
DGA - Auto Transmission
PA-1 - Silver Radiant Crystal Coat paint
H8SA - Low-back vinyl seats in Charcoal/Silver
LZH28 - Base Rampage
531 - Build date, May 31, 1984

Thanks, john

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'll 2nd the welcome to the FLT (Funny Little Truck) Club. These little Trucklets are addictive as you will find out. Enjoy your time here and ask questions when you need answers. Some of us have been playing with them for decades. We all anxiously await your pix, Jer

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'll 2nd the welcome to the FLT (Funny Little Truck) Club. These little Trucklets are addictive as you will find out. Enjoy your time here and ask questions when you need answers. Some of us have been playing with them for decades. We all anxiously await your pix, Jer
Thanks...and look at the plate I have on hold:

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey guys,

I have a question for the group - there's no owner's manual with the Rampage I just bought...does anyone have an extra 84 Rampage Owners Manual they want to part with?

Another question - has anyone ever seen a bumper like on my truck? There's no extensions, but it has closed ends. I'll be able to look at it closer when it gets here sometime mid-March.

Thanks,

john

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Hey guys,

I have a question for the group - there's no owner's manual with the Rampage I just bought...does anyone have an extra 84 Rampage Owners Manual they want to part with?

Another question - has anyone ever seen a bumper like on my truck? There's no extensions, but it has closed ends. I'll be able to look at it closer when it gets here sometime mid-March.

Thanks,

john
It appears to be a stock rear bumper, but without the stock end caps. Looks like somebody welded caps onto the ends and repainted the bumper.

The stock end caps are unique to the truck, and virtually unobtainium at this point. My guess is, the guy that restored the truck couldn't find any, and this was his best solution.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It appears to be a stock rear bumper, but without the stock end caps. Looks like somebody welded caps onto the ends and repainted the bumper.

The stock end caps are unique to the truck, and virtually unobtainium at this point. My guess is, the guy that restored the truck couldn't find any, and this was his best solution.
Strange - couldn't he have just used the ones off an Omni?

·
Registered
118 Posts
No, I don't think it is a stock bumper at all. I enlarged the picture to take a closer look and there isn't a channel in the bumper for the nerf strip to sit into, and on factory bumpers the nerf strip is more centered (up & down) on the bumper. Anyway, I think the bumper looks great!

·
Registered
19 Posts
No, I don't think it is a stock bumper at all. I enlarged the picture to take a closer look and there isn't a channel in the bumper for the nerf strip to sit into, and on factory bumpers the nerf strip is more centered (up & down) on the bumper. Anyway, I think the bumper looks great!
Thanks, I think it does too. Any chance that fleet buyers got a different rear bumper? It was first owned by GTE.

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
I doubt that. Mother made 'um all the same. Just different hard rubber wrap around ends between the the Rampage/Scamp and all the other L-bodys. (they look the same to the untrained eye but they're not). I'd guess the owner at the time just found something that fit and would look decent. Nice 'Page BTW, Jer

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Strange - couldn't he have just used the ones off an Omni?
That's a common misconception. They are different part numbers. As cheap as Chrysler was back then, I'm kind of surprised they didn't just use an omni bumper, but if you look at them side by side, the Omni bumper has a little more curve to it. I don't think the truck bumper is perfectly straight, but it's close.

Maybe on this truck they substituted an Onmi bumper.... Don't really know...

321 - 340 of 563 Posts