Turbo Dodge Forums banner

581 - 592 of 592 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
The guy selling the door is too expensive. Looking through his listed Rampage parts he wants $35.00 + $12.55 for shipping for the used clutch cable, which is less than $20.00 NEW at Rock Auto.
The door hinges are welded on, don't think it's an easy part swap when changing L-Body doors. I once tried swapping the passenger front door on my '86 GLHT, with a door from another '86 GLHT, the hinges were not in the same location!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yes but Wes said he did some spot welding on his door latches.

I'm sure he'd say "Hold my beer" while he tackled those hinges!

Anyway it was sort of a joke. But maybe he can use the latches and guts out of the door? :unsure:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ouch... That's an expensive band-aid. There's no guarantee it works better than mine, haha. I do need a driver door glass though... I think I'm going to weld in some bear claw latches. I was just hoping someone here had already taken some of the guess work out of it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes but Wes said he did some spot welding on his door latches.

I'm sure he'd say "Hold my beer" while he tackled those hinges!

Anyway it was sort of a joke. But maybe he can use the latches and guts out of the door? :unsure:
Ha! I was confident. I can post some pictures of the condition they are in once I have them out again. :cool:

·
Registered
97 Posts
So... While thinking about these latches, I think I've decided to change the outside handles. I want to put on the Dodge truck handles from the same era with the push button. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Wait until you try to put that Cummins in! :p

Getting the doors sorted will prep you for the engine swap.

"You can do it!" (as was told to the Water Boy). Good luck! 😀

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wait until you try to put that Cummins in! :p

Getting the doors sorted will prep you for the engine swap.

"You can do it!" (as was told to the Water Boy). Good luck! 😀
:ROFLMAO: All night long! Well... More like, all year long once I start.

I honestly think building the frame and suspension will be the most challenging part of it all. A 6BT leaves about an inch of room in the engine bay, front to back. That's plenty... And a 4BT would leave me enough space to stand in there with it (I'm exaggerating). I think a 6BT would be underworked though. I just wish 4BTs were easier to find.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yeah, a bit more than I would prefer to spend unless they threw in a good transmission with it. I keep hoping I will come across one I can rebuild.

581 - 592 of 592 Posts