Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Re: Spirit / Acclaim / Lebaron AA-Body Thread!

Looks good. I would like to have a Spirit/Acclaim turbo with manual to go along with my Spirit R/T.

·
Banned
3 Posts

speedeuphoria: was that originally a silver r/t or what?

heres a couple r/t's

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts

yup that would look great on my Lebaron. I am going to scavenge my yard for a nice spoiler when I get time on Tuesday after i drop an alternator in my baron

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

speedeuphoria: was that originally a silver r/t or what?
Nope just an '89 ES 2.5 turbo auto. I added the R/T spoiler and suspension/brakes(that I got from Garry Donavan at SDAC), shaved the antenna and trunk emblem, removed the side moldings, ect... I was very lucky to find a NIB pair of Chrysler Saratoga glass H4 headlights here in the US. Also I added custom rear springs/mounts so i can adjust the ride height in the rear to go along with the Koni coilovers up front. Its has a good amount of weight reduction as there is nothing after the front seats. I pocketed the firewall back 8" for the header/turbo I'm running. I am the 1st Spirit who swaped in a 2.4 DOHC motor that I built. Too much time/work went into it for me to ever sell it.

You can see more pics and lots of info here(page 4 is a write up I did with lots&lots of info on swapping a 2.4 into these cars)
Soon the 2.4 Turbo swapped Spirit will run, 10's that is!!! - Battle Creek, Michigan

·
Registered
348 Posts

I'm jealous. All of your cars are so beautiful... I especially love Mopar3.0's and SpeedEuphoria's. Both very clean Spirits with nice styling. I would love to have an R/T, but alas all i have is an n/a 2.5. I love the look of the R/T so I got the front bumper, sideskirts, trunklid and spoiler from one. They all need prep and paint though. I really wish I could find a Radiant Fire trunk that was rust free without a luggage rack to replace mine and just put the spoiler on. The R/T lid I got is rustier on the bottom edge than mine and that makes me nervous. I saw an Acclaim last night same color, no luggage rack... i wanted to swap them right there! haha... It sure would make things easier..

Also, does anyone know if the under dash wiring harness was swapped from an ES or R/T into my car could I plug in the traveler, and fog lights, or is there other wiring that is missing?? I know the plugs are in the bumper for them but I don't know where they go to. And if that is possible, would that fact that my car is a column shift auto, and not a console shift matter?? I don't know what all is on that harness. Sorry for the long reply!

·
Banned
3 Posts

speedeuphoria: thats an awesome build, great job! i seen the "BCM" but didnt guess it was battlecreek. do you come down for the woodward cruise? i would love to see it in person and maybe get a pic with it and my other r/t (not pictured above, this one has glossy, fade free original indy red paint).
you should come out for the great lakes chapter sdac fall colors tour, for the 100 mile back road race.

i have been on the look out for saratoga lights for a while, german ebayers dont like to deal with americans, even when your speaking german to them. if i can get my hands on a 92 t3 sbec, then i can make a trade for a nos set of lights.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

speedeuphoria: thats an awesome build, great job! i seen the "BCM" but didnt guess it was battlecreek. do you come down for the woodward cruise? i would love to see it in person and maybe get a pic with it and my other r/t (not pictured above, this one has glossy, fade free original indy red paint).
you should come out for the great lakes chapter sdac fall colors tour, for the 100 mile back road race.

i have been on the look out for saratoga lights for a while, german ebayers dont like to deal with americans, even when your speaking german to them. if i can get my hands on a 92 t3 sbec, then i can make a trade for a nos set of lights.
I'll have to try to meet up sometime. I got very lucky on the headlights as a pair was shown in stock in Texas at a dealer(almost 2yrs ago). so I called them and they infact had them, I had them price match mopar supercenter since they are discontinued(40% off list), but they were still very pricey ~$300 shipped for the set.

·
Registered
348 Posts

looks nice, Sean. What wheels are those? Did you paint/powdercoat them white? I've seen those wheels before in aluminum. Also, what size are they?

1 - 20 of 150 Posts