Turbo Dodge Forums banner

21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
1991 White Spirit R/T with 86XXX miles on it now. Bought it when I just got out high school and made a 1600 mile round trip to get it with my girlfriend. My parents at the time were pissed...:laugh: I have had it for 4 or 5 years now and it has sat for most of that time inside a garage being ripped apart and put back together again and again, it seems like the work never ends.

Car was pretty dirty when we took these pictures but these are the most recent.

Traction is always an issue...;)

Here are some of the goodies:
-Head was welded and repaired by Headwerks
-ARP head studs
-Cometic MLS headgasket (.078)
-Stainless steel turbo oil feed line
-FWD performance shifter bushings
-3" downpipe and Dynomax ultra flow muffler
-K&N Drop in filter
-TurboXS RFL
-Spearco frount mount intercooler
-Steering column gauge pod
-Pillar pod
-Autometer Air/fuel gauge
-Autometer Boost gauge
-Dynojet wideband Commander
-FWD performance Trimcal (needs warranty work, sitting in trunk and really need to ship out.:bang head )
-MSD 3 bar map sensor
-Acufab adjustable regulator
-52 lb injectors
-Walbro 255 L/hr pump
-Magnecore 8.5mm wires
-4 puck ceramic clutch with T3 pressure plate
-17 inch Team Dynamics wheels

Also I have a nitrous kit pretty much installed with tons of goodies such as a msd digital window switch, dynotune purge, fuel safety shut off switch, Dynojet wideband setting, etc. I also have a Holset turbo that I hope to get on and a downpipe made this summer...:D

Could probably write A LOT more but I will restrain myself...

-Ryan

·
Registered
132 Posts
Here is my Spirit R/T I just got from speed127 out of Philly. This is when I picked it up from the shipping company.

Here is some pics if it a couple days ago after I put on the white 17" wheels from my 8valve Spirit.

Not a lot of future plans, I would like to do a front mount IC. Most of my cash is going to my 8v Spirit that I am tring to get ready to race. But on the R/T I have been doing a couple things to fix it up that needed to be done. I also pulled out the center speaker and got the center console put back to stock.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Turbo Joe said:
wow! You Bought Tim's car! Great buy you got...that's a sweet r/t:deal:
Yep, it's me:) I thought the car was a great buy, even with shipping it here. There was one I was going to buy last year that was $2500.00 more than this one, and it didnt work out.:bang head So when I saw this one I thought I better act fast!

·
Registered
984 Posts
91 spirit r/t

Picked up this Spirit R/T about a month ago, drove non-stop from Tampa to Baltimore with no major problems. Motor was/is stock except for 2.5 inch exhaust w/no cat. Since then I have:

replace fuel lines/filter
poly shifter bushings
added 3inch DP w/electric cut-out and cat
solid bobble strut and filled front mount
new vac lines and k+n filter
replaced valve cover gaskets
graingered to 14 psi
switched to mobil 1
replaced drivers door seal
brakes

waiting for FMIC from FWDP. want to keep a/c so mounting will be fun I am sure! I still have a lot i want to do.........new lifters,rebuild trans with lsd,bigger turbo,fwd cal and required additions, etc. Right now i am getting everything in good working order and moving from there. Head has over 100k with no cracks(fingers crossed).Motor runs very good/strong, compression is 165 across all 4. Man is this thing addicting to drive, way better than my shadow! Looking fwd to all the fun...i will update as I add things

·
Registered
531 Posts
i have a 92 spirit r/t. just over 120,000 on it. i believe it has about every option except the infinity sound(has overhead console, abs, pl, pw, etc.). the head is freshly done with cometic gasket and arp studs. also has a large front mount on it, +20's, accufab regulator, magnecor 10mm wires, fwd fuel rail, fwd stage 1 cal and bfg drag radials 225/50/15's.

i have the following parts in my basement waiting to go on, t3/t4 ball bearing 50trim, turbos unleashed 6puck street strip clutch, titanium retainers and i have a ported manifold and 3" exhaust on the way from fwd.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I picked this one up about 5-6 years ago as it came in on trade at my work. Had 90k on it then, tried parting ways as a downpayment on a house and lost it for about 9 months. Got it back and had the head gasket toasted in about a month. Ended up sitting for another 8 months before i put it back together actually having a clue as to what i was getting myself into. Did some basic first mods (head studs, cometic, bobble). Clutch, tires, shocks, and front mount/BOV came soon after. End of the season, i decided i wanted to go ahead and throw some nice suspension underneath and went with Koni's/Eibachs and a CSRacer Panhard bar. Then i thought i would completely disassemble the car and go through everything over the winter ended up running dry on car funds and she sat for 2 1/2 years. Car is pretty normal with PW, PL, no ABS, no overhead console, and keyless entry. Just got it up and going again this past week and have finally got my baby on the road!

91 Spirit R/T 96k miles
fastest 1/4 to date: [email protected], 2.3 60ft

Current Mods:
Fresh rebuild, stock bore, stock internals, clevite's, etc.
Fresh head, titanium retainers, FWDP lifters, Lonewolf Stage 1's
255 walbro, spec 3 clutch, Konis/Eibachs, EVO8 FMIC, 1G BOV, bobble strut, 3" downpipe, cutout, 2 1/2" out the back through dynomax bullet, vacuum block/lines, currently non-functional MBC, 180t-stat.

Accufab FPR, 3bar map, 52lb injectors waiting in the wings and I am currently on the hunt for an HX35 once everything is broken in nicely on the stock set-up. :) Cannot wait to get to the track again!

I would like to thank all the contributors to this wonderful community of TurboDodge fans. My car would be nowhere near it's current state without the excellent help and guidance I have recieved from the site. Thanks to all.

Current photos (except today i turned all the trim black and the taillights all red)

My friend's GT posing in the back...

A shot of the gauge pods

Another shot with some friends cars

·
Registered
401 Posts
1991 R/T
PDL, power seat, a/c
Purchased in 2006 with 114k miles, now 121k, brought home on a car dolly, with engine, trans, and extra parts in bed of truck.
I rebuilt the engine, lifters, new ceramic clutch, pp
t3t4 50 trim, 3bar +40's, 255lpm, front mount inter cooler.
Full 3" exhaust
Took about a year but now I think I have it sorted out:fingersx:.
Best pass so far was a [email protected] at 14# boost , When car had some driveability issues.

Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
1992 Spirit R/T Indy Red 1 of 92, Loaded, Original paint clear coat is blowing off top of front bumper and top of spoiler, rest of paint is great. Georgia car with no rust issues, 80K miles, all stock for now, Car is currently in storage so pics will come next spring,sorry. Motor is being "massaged" at Benzenhoefer Performance. Have broadcast sheet also and as soon as I dig it out will post a pic it has noted something about a "fang stripe" ?? Another car that has been setting for a number of years and just getting around to doing something with it.....

·
Registered
526 Posts
i bought a '91 Spirit R/T about a month ago for $800. it used to be white but the previous owner painted it Viper blue. the good: only 115,xxx miles, no rust at all :) , nice clean interior. i also didn't have to go anywhere to get it; it was already sitting in the apartment complex parking lot where i live. the bad: front bumper needs to be replaced, the turbo is shot, blue paint sucks (amature job). i had seen this car around town for a few years before i bought it. the first time i seen it it was still white but the paint was coming off in large chunks exposing gray primer, hence the repaint. then in 2005 i found it for sale for $3000 but i couldn't afford it. i bought it from the guy that bought it in 2005.

here is what it looked like when it was for sale back in 2005 with the ricer stickers:

and here it is now....the guy i bought it from told me he hit a pole while drunk :rolleyes: of course, the first thing i did was take those stickers off.

i'm not sure on options but it doesn't have ABS or overhead console. the original stereo wasn't included but other than that the car is complete. it is optioned exactly like iTurbo's Spirit R/T (my brother) except his is red and his has lighted vanity mirrors.

right now i just need to replace the turbo and get it running then go from there. i would like to eventually repaint it the original white.

-------------------------------------
Joshua Mitchell
'91 Dodge Spirit R/T
'98 Buick Regal GS

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got one of the 92 R/T's that were factory silver. It has 192,000 miles on it. Bone stock. I had bought the car from the orignal owner about 8 years ago. It had a busted timing belt. He didn't want to mess with it. At that time it had 138,000 miles on it. I fixed it and found really fast that I was going to get in trouble with it. Sold it to my dad's girlfriend. She just retired and offered it back to me. Heck yes and I now own it again. The pictures that are on this forumn (for sale section)were taken at the Chrysler classic at Norwalk in june or july. I have had the car at the dragstrip. best runs are in the range of 15.07 at 93 mph. 60ft times are 2.20 to 2.40 range. It has only been run w/street tires--no slicks..Drove to the track at 30mpg too. The car has no add ons at all.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is my 1992 R/T. It has 107K on the OD. It is in near showroom condition. The carpet needs a deep cleaning, Mirrors wipers spoilers bumpers fogs and decals need touched up, needs a new grill and weather stripping, and the body has minor hail damage and one nearly invisible rust spot on the driver's rear quarter panel. Other than that, it's in perfect condition right down to the shine in the paint and factory chalk marks. I even have all the original pamphlets from the dealer when new and a detailed history dating back to at least 1995. I am currently rebuilding the engine do to a bad rod bearing. I love my car and will hang on to it even if collector prices go through the roof. Speaking of collectability, let me name off the options. Mine is one of the 92 red R/Ts produced for the 1992. It does have the infinity sound system and the 150mph speedo of course, but no o/h console or power seats. As far as I'm aware, everything else is standard R/T. I plan on modding the car a bit but nothing that is not reversible or period correct. I love the factory look too much. If you'd like to follow the rebuild or find more info you can catch it at Lana: Nate's '92 Spirit R/T - Massillon, Ohio

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just picked up a 91 Spirit R/T White ABS. its not running now (wiring issue) but has 89k on the ticker and was a nevada car. white paint is pealing off, but the underside looks clean enough to eat off of. man, its been a while since i've seen a white painted frame without any rust here in Minnesota!

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Since it probably will never be posted here by its current owner, I know of a red '91 Spirit R/T in Jax. It used to belong to a friend of mine, but was sold to his brother, then another mutual friend, then to that friend's dad.

The car used to be some sort of company car(you could still see the outlines of the sticker ont he windsheild). It was modded and made 252hp at the wheels for a while. Very quick and fun car! It then developed several issues.

Fast forward...it now has an 8V TBI engine and an auto...but runs like a champ! :D

·
Banned
422 Posts
Here's my Sliver Spirit RT with 161XXX miles bought it for 800 solid underneath,Not a spot of rust NICE NICE clean interior.Motor was redone 20000 miles ago Can't wait to start modding

Attachments

·
Banned
3 Posts
i'll post my old white one and the red one i sold, since neither will be posted by anyone else. i'll post my red one that i am keeping when i get pics of it.

*91' white, i bought it from the second owner in indianapolis for $500 running, drove it for a year then sold it last winter for $2200. had paint peel and surface rust on top, i sanded it down and blended the top, the underside was near mint. it has 176k on the body with 27k on the rebuilt longblock, ND stg1 16psi cal, +20's, full 2.5" with cat delete, k&n drop in, 8.5mm magnecores, boost and air/fuel meter, and a cadillac compass mirror.
*options: ABS, power windows, locks, seat, and ac.

looks good with the limo tint on white

25k mile head and engine

·
Banned
3 Posts
here is one of the 2 i picked up in knoxville, TN as a package for $2500 and 2- 1000 mile round trips in 2 weeks to get them, oh and i got about $1000 worth of new mopar t3 parts.

just sold it for $2500! i get to keep the heavier modded one for about $700 out of pocket after the deal, oh and i still have the parts to sweetin the deal!

this one has 162k on the body and 36k on the engine and head, it has no options, none, not abs, power anything besides the std mirrors, manual windows lock and seat with a tape deck. the lesser the options the rarer.

it has a full 2.5" mandrel bent, stainless steel exhaust with catco, balance shafts removed, 8.5mm magnecores, drop in K&N, FWD stg1 15psi cal, +20's and still no boost gauge! 99% rust free, cleaner than the white one ^^^ one little dent on the front corner of the hood, a cracked windshield and no headliner.

arm rest looks naked

now i have to hurry and get pics of my red one so no one posts in between.

21 - 40 of 105 Posts