Turbo Dodge Forums banner

41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts
1991 white RT
completely stock
I don't know what options were available. It does not have and overhead console or power seat.

Otherwise has everything else:
PW, PD, AC, tilt, cruise, traveler, Infinity, map lights,

I especially like the HEATED power mirrors.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
1991 White Dodge Spirit R/T
PW,PDL,AM/FM Cassette,Traveler,Tilt,
Car has 136k miles on it
Interior is in nice condition but the paint is peeling and will be repainted very soon:D
MODS: Full 3" Catless Exhaust,MP +40% injectors,+40% SBEC, Nice Custom dual core T-Bird FMIC,
I bought this car off of Marc Ehrenburg (turbort) back in March and he had it run a 13.005 at 103MPH. Haven't gotten a chance to take it to the track yet myself though. This car was also in one of the issues of Mopar Action Magazine - Mopar Action On-line - Mopar Now

Here is a few pics

·
Registered
156 Posts
1991 Red RT
Bought it with the motor on a stand and the transmission under the stand.
The lady in the picture is the original owner that I bought it from. She said
her son pulled the motor/transmission out because it needed a clutch.
In the trunk was a new clutch (a brand I have never heard of so its not going in it) new Mopar motor mounts and almost all the gaskets and seals for a rebuild. So with almost 170K on it, its going to get a rebuild as I don't want to
R&R the motor twice. It was a 2000 mile round trip to Fresno CA to get it.
The inside is nice with minor issues, needs paint and a spoiler. The head is not cracked and appears to have the aluminum plugs in it but have not checked with a magnet

Attachments

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
'91 Spirit R/T- 166k miles
Tilt, Cruise, Pl, Power Seat, aftermarket power windows(crap!)
3inch exhaust(no cat),Dawes Devices MBC(14psi) and a/f gauge, short throw shifter, poly bushings on lower control arms and sway bar, drilled and slotted rotors all around. The car's paint and interior are very nice for the age and milage. I got this car last month from a friend of mine, he only had it for about a month himself! He got it of Ebay and we went up to Oregon City, OR and drove it back. The timing belt broke on him about a month later and he was done with it! Luckily I was there to take that "unreliable" car of his hands!:D Here's a link to some pics, posts #3 and #9 http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f1/f25/207814-back-saddle-again.html

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
'91 Red Spirit R/T
Tilt,Cruise Control,PL,Power Seat,Infinity Cassette Radio.
175k miles on the clock.
Not running at the moment but is bone stock.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I’ve owned Spirit R/T’s since the winter of 1991, when I bought my first one in Austin, Texas after a two week “test drive” and about 450 miles on the clock. I drove it home to Philadelphia and have owned Spirit R/T’s ever since. My first one is red, the one in the middle, with manual windows, power locks, cruise, A/C and the Infinity Sound system. It’s the most stock and unmolested one I still own with 86K on the clock.

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
In the summer of 1998, while going through my divorce and trying to get my first Spirit R/T back from a bitter ex, I bought my second Spirit R/T, white, with 89K on the clock, power windows, locks, cruise, antilock brakes, A/C and Infinity Sound system. I installed a 2.5” mandrel bent exhaust with muffler delete, 20% larger fuel injectors and a stage 1 cal. Custom made ignition wires and a K&N drop in filter top off the simple engine mods. I also added Eibachs and Konis all around. This car was considered my “driver” and has spent several weekends waiting for it’s chance down the quarter mile at tracks in Ontario, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Maryland and New Jersey. It’s also seen duty in a couple of Carlisle meets and several local meets in Philly. It’s still very clean at 178K and a great ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
My third is well known here on the list as “Larry’s car” Larry was kind enough to let me keep his original Florida licence plate “4SFED4” which I still keep in the trunk. This is of course a white Spirit R/T, power windows, power locks, power seats, A/C, cruise and an Infinity Sound system built by Larry to dyno at 500HP. The car is an absolute beast to drive!!! :eek:
The short list of mods start with 40% Larger injectors, 3” exhaust, FWD stage 3 TIII 3 bar cal, a Precision SC6152S turbo, a TurboXS Type H-RFL BOV, a front mounted Relentless Racing 3 core intercooler, a Relentless Racing 4 puck copper/ceramic clutch and alkycontrol.com’s progressive alcohol injection system. I got the car from Larry with only the exchange of lots of pictures and a little cash and had it trucked to me here in Pennsylvania. Since it arrived and to the dismay of most I’m sure, I added a high flow catalytic converter and a full 3” rear exit mandrel bent exhaust. I did have a flanged “test pipe” made and flanged the cat, in case I need to test something sometime. ;-) I also removed the fuel cell and pump from the spare tire well of the trunk and put the trunk back to stock, spare, jack and all. I moved the alcohol pump up and out of the way of road debris or parking bumpers. The original gas tank and internal pump now feed the motor through the Walbro GSL 392 external fuel pump which gets switched on once I get rolling to guarantee enough fuel to the motor under boost. To the “good” list I installed one of Jackson’s short throw modified shifters, which feels great, BTW. I’m not done with mods yet as I’m still working on a 4” cool air filter system with enough flow for the beast at full snarl. Routing and space is still an issue so far. Until this is completed, the little I drive the car it wears a small 4” cone filter attached directly to the front of the turbo.

Seen in the pictures are my two white Spirit R/T's, my red one was under the cover, and some will recognize Tim's (Speed127) Spirit R/T (my son-in-law) now owned by dustin78910. Tim bought several turbo cars, trying to beat the old man's Spirit R/T (pre-Larry's Spirit R/T) and finally gave up and got one just like mine! :thumb:
Wow! A "family reunion" !!!! All 4 Spirit R/T's in the family. ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
1991 Spirit R/T with 78,000 miles.
I had my eye on this car form a co-worker and he finally caved in after a few years.

I got it for $2,500 with many extra parts and only 67,000 miles!. At the time I thought it was a steal! All power and loaded with Everything except an overhead console. I knew the head gasket needed to be fixed but I thought that would be it. I got the windows tinted, dropped a killer audio system in it and then in the 3rd week of ownership, that's when the ride really started! The oil pump shaft broke! (Lesson to those that let their cars just sit in the garage to keep them nice. They need to be driven!) Well, coming to the conclusion that I might need a new engine I called Cindy at FWD and she had a short block ready to go. Forged Venolia pistons, forged 2.2 crank, etc.. And, a Kryo-treated Oil Pump Shaft! And the list goes on. Head looked good so I only had the cams turned. A year and a half later and many other stories that just aren't worth mentioning, She was back on the road! Finally.... Now waiting on my new 3" with 20% injectors, Stg 1 ECU. Can't wait! I'll have about $8,000 in it after the Exhaust upgrade.

The last year of driving it has been a lot of fun. Looking forward to more..? Hopefully!

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
1991 red R/T 96k miles

Just bought this last week for 2300, no rust and bone stock. Looks like it was garage kept most of its life. The second day I drove it, the I-shaft broke. Typical, eh? At least I knew what it was right away and pulled over. Now I have to wait for parts to ship from Cindy. Hopefully I can afford to replace the rest of the "usual stuff" before it breaks on me, too!

·
Registered
9 Posts
1991 Spirit R/T

ALL options but sun/moon roof
(i dont know how many of the R/T's came with a factory cd player but mine has one)

144,000 orignal miles
12,000 miles on trans
0 miles on new motor (waiting on new turbo to get here)

mods listed below

QA1 racing strut towers
KYB adjustable nitrogen rear air shocks
3inch stainless exaust with super hi-flo cat, no resonator or muffler
stage 3 ecu
stage 3 cams
+40% injectors
titanium valvetrain kit
mopar performance valves
venolia forged pistons (.030 over)
ported/polished head and exhaust manifold
3bar map
autometer boost gauge with G-valve
AEM digital air-fule ratio gauge
brembo 6 piston calipers and ssbc stainless rotors
flow kooler waterpump
melling hi flow oil pump
adjustable cam sprockets
crane roller rockers
new forged rods and crank
New A568 trans with quaife phantom grip extreme duty differential
centerforce kevlar clutch with 2800lb pressure plate
turbo xs type-h rfl bov
cryotreated drive axels
cryotreated intermediate shaft
cometic gaskets on everything but oil pan is rubber/steel fel pro one-piece
Arp bolts on everything and arp head studs
169 degree thermostat
holly 220gph fuel pump (same one i got in my dodge charger lol)
billet adjustable fuel pressure regulator
billet fuel rail
100lb hydraulic tensioner
t3/t4 hybrid super 50 trim turbo

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Well, I'm new to the TIII's. I don't have a picture yet, but I just picked up a white '91 Spirit R/T. It has 164,000+ miles, but you'd almost thing the odometer was set "ahead". It's in pretty good shape and runs and handles great. Still has the steel plugs but came with the upgrades.
I may regret this later on, but for now I love the car. I've had it 4 hours and drove it about 75 miles.:thumb:
(Ryan, I'd like to have you check it out sometime).

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Don't touch the core plugs!
I won't.
I finally got a few pictures of the car. The paint is coming off, but just small spots for now. So, it does look good in pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well my 1991 Spirit R/T has been sitting for over 10yrs. and I have finally got the time to get it running again.

Here are some photos..

:cool: Very DIRTY, but will START!!! ONE!!! DAY!!!!

Here is some of the body damage.. :mad:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
1991 Dodge Spirit R/T
135,000 Miles
Power Locks
Power Driver's Seat

Daily driven in the summer.

Pictures are from a couple months ago.

3" Exhaust from turbo back, w/ cut-out
255 l/hr Fuel Pump
72 lb/hr injectors
Turbonetics T04E 50 Trim / .63 A/R Turbine Housing with Stage II Wheel
23.5 PSI of Boost
TiAL Blow off valve
XS Power Intercooler (Swapping to a Precision 750 before end of month)
Paul Veliky Tuned SBEC
Devil's Own Methanol Injection (Installed, not being used currently)
225/50/15 BFG Drag Radials out front.
205/60/15 BFG G-Force Sports out back.

I'm sure there's other junk I'm forgetting.

·
Registered
146 Posts
HELLO EVERY ONE..
I just got my 91 out of storate after 10 years,,an have for gotten some things about the OLE GIRL..:bang head

AN May need some help/info off an on.

As far as THE REGISTRY goes...Will the VIN #'s show that they are R/T's or is a Spirit just Spirit?

Also I can't get my trunk to unlock,,Is it one key fits ALL LOCKS on the car or have I lost one??

THANKS
Mike In Maine

·
Registered
222 Posts
History:

I'm Cody and this is my 1991 Spirit r/t. I bought it last October when I was 15. It has 119K as of right now, power everything with no overhead console. Daily driven in summer. When I bought it it was all stock, in need of a lot of work, and the engine bay was one of the dirtiest I have seen. One of the many things I soon found out it needed was a head gasket, which I just got done with about month ago. When I tore it down I found one exhaust cam lobe badly chewed up, and two more badly worn, a rocker arm that had about half of it missing, and a missing lifter that I later found the remnants of in the head. And to think I drove it like that for about 6 months.:eek::eek:
I bought a sandblaster, blasted and painted everything I could, slowly found parts I needed on here and put it back together with a few goodies.

New parts:
Gas tank.
Stainless fuel lines from the tank to the bay.
Fuel Sending unit.
Tank straps.
Oil pressure sending unit.
Valve Stem seals.
Battery.
Intake/Exhaust manifold gaskets
TB gasket.
Timing belt.
Valve cover gasket.
Thermostat gasket.
Pads and rotors.
O2 sensor.
More that I'm probably forgetting.

Mods:
Cometic head-gasket.
ARP head studs.
58mm throtle body.
Agency Power BOV.
Semi-cold air intake.
FWD perf. vacuum block & all new lines.
Grainger set to 11 psi for now.
FWD 3in. SS downpipe.
Full 3in. exhausht without cat.
Dynomax ultraflow.
Boost Gauge.
8.5mm plug wires.
Home made poly pass. engine mount.
180 degree T-stat with hole drilled in it.
Mildly ported exhaust manifold.

Don't mind the crapy chrage pipes/cold air intake...redoing those is my next project.

100_9393.jpg

100_9397.jpg
Original core plugs,and uncacked head
100_9394.jpg

100_9391.jpg

100_9392.jpg

It's an ongoing project and always will be so I will update as I do more.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Found!!!! 1991 Red Spirit R/T, VIN 3B3XAG6A9MT590xxx!!!! A friend of mine stumbled upon this car sitting in the back of a mechanic's shop in Dalton, OH. The car was dusty and the engine had been piled into boxes on top of it. He called me with excitement after he noticed a tell tale similarity to my '92 R/T: the car had a factory spoiler. After moving a few boxes, we were able to see the badging and one look at the vin confirmed this really was an R/T. I was excited. I had no idea another R/T was even within 50 miles of mine, let alone down the street. The car is in good condition, with all engine parts accounted for. It has been sitting quite a while though. It's dusty and covered with boxes. In spite of having junk on top of it, the paint is nearly like new from what I can tell. I sat inside the car, and it looks just as new as the day it came off the assembly line. I was shocked when I glanced at the odometer, and it only registered as a hair over 60,000 miles. This car truly is an unmolested example in need of repair. It's also my first significant barn find, something I'm proud of. The owner won't let it go at the moment. I don't think you could convince him either. He kinda caught on to the idea that the car was special after he received at least a dozen offers for unscrupulous amounts of money. He said he was curious why someone would pay so much for a Dodge Spirit, especially one in need of engine repair. He grew even more curious when he couldn't find the parts he needed. A trip to google filled him in. Anyway, I thought I'd add it to the registry since I can't add it to my collection (yet...). I'd love to have it though. Then I'd own a '91 and a '92. What fun I could have!!!

41 - 60 of 105 Posts